You're So Unfair

NATALIE

"What is the meaning of this, young mister?" Tito Enrico asks after that shocking confession of this man beside me.

"Oo nga, anak? You told me awhile ago that you will bring your girlfriend here. Ngayon, magpapakasal ka na?" Tita Amanda asks. Ayaw ba nila sa'kin para kay Theo?

Oh crap, Natalie Jane! When did you last hit your brain to forget that the man at your back is the man your parents and Theo's parents want you to marry? At yang tanong pa na yan talaga yung nauna sa listahan mo ha?

"What's wrong with that, Mom?" Theo asks as if there is nothing wrong and he holds me closely to him.

"Don't get me wrong, Hija." Baling sa'kin ni Tita and holds my left hand. "It's not that I don't like you for my son, of course if there is someone I would like to have as a daughter-in-law, it would probably be you. But...."

"But Neil is the one I told our friends, Eduardo and Emily, na ipapakasal kay Natalie." Tito Enrico continues to what Tita is about to say. "And that's final." He said firmly and Tita holds Tito's arm para pakalmahin ito.

"I know." Theo said normally and just shrugged his shoulders which like he's not even afraid to what his father said just a moment ago. "But we all know that I should be the one on his shoes. Right, Brother?" At binalingan naman nya si Neil na sa ngayon ay nasa gilid na nya na kanina pa nagmamasid sa'min at hindi na kumibo pa ulit.

"Yeah." He answered and cleared his throat. "But I like her." He said looking at me na mas ikinahigpit ng kapit ni Theo sa bewang ko. I saw him greeted his teeth.

Magsasalita pa sana si Theo but we heard something na nabasag. And when we look at it ,it's Bethy.

"S-sorry p-po. H-hindi ko po s-sinasadya. S-sorry po t-talaga." She said while picking up the broken pieces of plate with food in it na nagkalat na ngayon kaya naman hindi naiwasang magkasugat na yung kamay nya kapupulot at may dugong umalpas.

"Oh shit!" Neil said and go straight to Bethy. He holds her wounded hand. "Hindi ka kasi nag-iingat!" He scolds her na sinaway naman agad ni Tita Amanda for doing so but the stubborn man just ignore her mother and still giving the poor woman a deadly glare. Binawi naman ni Bethy yung kamay nya and run away from where we are while tears are rolling down her cheeks. Sinundan naman sya agad ni Neil na hindi na nagpaalam sa'min.

Yaya Marita said sorry too to Theo's parents and called another maid to clean up the broken plate and scattered food.

"Now you know why I should be the one on his shoes." Theo said firmly to his parents na hindi ko naman maintindihan. Nagkatinginan na lang din ang parents nya sa isa't-isa. "Can we sit now and dig in? Gutom na ko baka lumamig pa 'tong mga hinanda ni Mommy." He's really acting weird. We are all feeling the tension here but him? He's just so calm na parang walang nangyayari sa paligid nya.

He guided me to my seat beside him while Tito sits on his throne and Tita on his side. "But Neil is not yet here." We heard Tita's worried voice.

"Don't worry Mom. May inaayos pa yun and for sure, he won't be able to eat with us. Wag na nating hintayin." He said while putting food on my plate after he puts a white clothe on my lap. Ako naman, hindi ko alam kung anong tamang ikikilos ko dahil sa pinaggagagawa nya.

"Theodore Jefferson, talk to your brother first thing in the morning tomorrow and we will be having a meeting inside the library after that." Tito said firmly.

"What about?" Theo asks.

"We will be having dinner with the Andrada's tomorrow night." He announces like no one can break it. "We need to settle this with Natalie's parents as soon as possible." Dagdag pa nya.