Chapter 1

Marion's POV

High school life? My mom said that being a high school student would be the greatest and the most enjoyable part of one's life. Well, I can't object with her thought because I have experienced that high school life thingy in a different way around. But now, I'm actually walking towards the school gate together with my sister Zoey, who's also a senior in this school. Obviously it's my first day ahead as a transferee or transferor. And actually I really didn't want to be enrolled here because I wanted to stay and take schooling together with my friends at my past school but I got no choice because my dad decided to. And now, I didn't know anyone here and I bet it'll be hard for me to adjust. GEEEZ... hOw I wish that even one... just one kid here can be my ideal friend. Hmp. Well, I'm quite choosy picking up my friends. I wanted the disciplined kind of friend and undertanding of course. I'll just search for one next time.

My first day...as a third year student and as a junior in this new school and environment....ummm... if Im going to define it, I'll definitely use the word "BORING". yEAH, You heard it right, my day was just as boring as watching a snail moving!. Nothing special aside from the classroom officer election.

After each one introduced theirselves... and my turn followed. "I'm Marion Evanz Garcia, 15 years young and I came from a school named Ampler Special Science High School." And after that introduction of mine, the election for the classroom officers started.

Everyone's enjoying while here I am staring outside my window and seemed like having my own world right here. BLAH...BLAH...BLAH... so boring... almost all of them knew each other with just an hour of seeing each one's faces, but me, I don't think I'm going to have new friends. Well,.. of course they already knew each other aside from me because I'm just new here but they are not.

But for a sudden...

"I'm nominating that guy wearing a blue shirt who's sitting near the window" as I heard that phrase, I was shocked because I'm the only one in the room who's in a blue shirt  and I looked at the side where that voice of a girl was coming from. I saw a lifting head and my eyes and that pretty girl's eyes met. My world stopped revolving as she smiled at me but take note; My smile is too expensive to be given to some strangers. So as expected, I didn't smile back. Call me whatever you wanted to; Paranoid, freak, snob, arrogant, weird, alien, proud, harsh, unfriendly, bad, unkind, rude, hostile, mean, cruel, hard, unpleasant and etc. I won't care if you'll call me with those description, I'm used to it anyway. Ummm.. actually those are not my attitudes, but that's the first impression of my friends since they first saw me. And I'll just show my true color if ever I'd be comfortable with someone here. I'm not a pretender but I'm sort of a mysterious guy at first, but If you'll know me better, you'll find out how wild I'm actually was.

Wait! back to the main point... "did that girl just nominated me??? as what??" that's the question I've been asking myself, and as I looked at the board, I saw my name beside the word-TREASURER-. Whatt!!?? can you imagine?? I won as the classroom's treasurer... so it means most of these students voted for me?? They didn't even know me that much. Ohh I will not wonder anymore. I knew it, I knew it from the start that these people trusted someone so easily. And that's not a good thing because as what I've known from reading books and watching movies, trust must be given once the time that you're together with someone is worthy enough to give your trust. Observe the person you're going to trust before giving up your whole trust, think if she's/he's trustworthy enough to deserve it. The formula about it would be... TIME + OBSERVATION= TRUST. Well, that formula was based on my own theory. It depends on you if you're going to apply it on your own, but for me, it really works. I'm quite weird, am I? Well, just be used to it because this is me.

--THE NEXT DAY--

I entered inside our classroom and all I can see were my classmates chitchatting. My seat was on the back, so I sat there and started recording something for my diary recorder. My recorder contains everything on my mind. Whatever I think, they're all recorded on that. It's a tiny recorder or sort of a pocket recorder that I carry every time. It's kinda' diary, but not totally, actually it became my best friend, ever since.