Prologue

Prologue:

My name is Veil and I almost died on my sixteenth birthday. No, that's not right. 'Die' isn't the right word to describe what happened. Words really can't describe the events that took place before and leading up to my birthday. Okay, let me start over. My name isn't really Veil, it's Valerie, Valerie Heart, but for your health and safety, I suggest you stick with Veil. Not, Val, Valley, or uck, Valerie. It's Veil, V-E-I-L, Veil. Got it? Good. I mean who names their child Valerie? It's so old fashion for my taste and I never answer to the name. Be it my parents, older brother, younger sister, teachers, family, friends, I refuse to answer. Wait, I'm getting off topic. It all began four month ago after the accident, everything changed and my life was never the same again. I still remember how it happened, one day I'm a semi-normal girl with friends and the next I'm the social outcast of the school. Lucky for me, it was around that same time that Olympus Academy stepped into the picture. Let me tell you, Olypmus Academy isn't just any school. It's thee boarding school for all of the Greek Gods and Goddesses. Heck, my best friends are Nike and Athena. Don't believe me, well your about to meet them yourself. I should probably explain something first. The kids at Olypmus Academy, well most of us share a god or hero or two with several of the other students. You see, the 'gods' as we know them aren't real. No, they were just 'normal' humans born with uquice and powerful gifts and talents. Or at least that's what the Dean told us. I've been here for four months and I still don't understand what's going on half the time. Maybe you'll understand all of this better then I did. Now let's start at the begining, starting with how I ended up going to this 'fancy' school, as my silbings call it.