The Celebration {1}

"I love you... Kiri." You said softly to the beautiful girl that was wrapped in your arms. You had finally done it. You had finally admitted your feelings to that beautiful girl.

"Y-Y/N..." Kiri's eyes began to water. She buried her face in your neck. "I... I love you too Y/N. I love you." Kiri's voice was shaky and slightly muffled. You hugged her, and within your embrace you could feel Kiri's rapid heartbeat.

"Happy Birthday." You said softly, hugging her tighter. She laughed slightly.

"You remembered."

"Of course I did, if it's important to you it's important to me. Octob-"

"Or is it because that's my PIN number?" She asked, serious all of a sudden. You laughed awkwardly.

"No Kiri." She pushed away from you and wiped her tears.

"Do we tell the others?" Kiri asked after she wiped away the tears with her sleeve.

"I don't think we have a choice in the matter."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on miss detective." You said while tapping her nose. "How could you have not noticed?" She clenched her fists and furrowed her eyebrows. You looked at the singular tree on the grassy hill and a mysterious figure hurried to hide behind it.

"What is it?" She asked, annoyed.

"You'll find out soon, let's just go home, it's nearing 7 pm now." She nodded and grabbed your hand.

You both headed back, under the purple twilight. Kiri was hugging your arm and smiled all the way home. "That was my birthday present by the way."

"That kiss?"

"Yeah." You said awkwardly. "If you want something else I could get-"

"No it's fine." Kiri quickly protested while trying to hide a sudden blush.

"You don't have to hide those things anymore, you can show it to me now. You don't have to be embarrassed."

"Embarrassed?"

"Well I know that's not the only reason you hide your feelings but... Eh." You said boringly while shrugging your shoulders.

"How do you know?" Kiri muttered.

"Well that's because I can see right through you."

"Damn it." You were now nearing the front driveway of your house, that was in the middle of the dark, and now quiet city.

"We're here." You announced quietly as you walked up the driveway. "Get ready Kiri."

"Ready? Ready for what?"

"You'll see." You teased as you opened the door.

Kyoko Kirigiri's POV

"Happy Birthday Kyoko Kirigiri!" Several dozen voices beamed out from inside the house. Then they all laughed. Even Y/N cheered, and was beaming his usual cheerful smile.

I walked into the house, there was a massive banner in the living room that read 'Happy Birthday Kyoko!!' And the  house was decked out with colours, confetti, balloons and streamers coming from all directions.

There was so much food that they couldn't fit it onto the eight seater in the dining table, so they had to set some up outside, in the backyard.