Chapter 21

****NICOLE’S P.O.V.****

“Leo! Get me out of here! Leo!! Leooooo!!!!”  I yelled, banging on the window glass as Leo and his friend just stared at me while talking amongst themselves. They locked me in the car and I was just getting ready to break the damn window when I noticed Xavier running over to us. I was happy that someone was going to let me out of this car but my excitement was short lived when I saw Xavier point his gun at Leo’s head.

“No! NOOOO! Xavier stop! Please!” I yelled, banging on the window. I was surprised that the window hadn’t broken from my constant banging. Then Xavier looked at me and walked away from Leo and got into the car with me.

“Xavier, let me out.” I said, trying to open the back door. Again, it wouldn’t budge and I was beyond pissed but trying to keep calm.

“Can’t do that Nicki.”  Xavier said as he started the car up and began to drive away.  I looked back to Leo, completely confused about what happening. This joke wasn’t funny anymore and I was ready to stop it all.

“Why the hell not!?” I asked, my anger was clear in my voice.

“Because….I promised Adrian that I’d keep you safe.” Xavier said, keeping his eyes glued to the road.

“Then where is Leo going? He’ll keep me safe.” I asked, turning around, expecting to see Leo driving behind us.

“He’s the exact opposite of safe right now for you. He’s the reason we’re in the predicament now.”

“What? What the hell are you talking about?”

“I shouldn’t be the one to explain this to you Nicki. Just wait until we see Adrian.”

“Just spill it Xavier. You’re doing the most right now.”

“I CAN’T! And I won’t so sit back, chill out and wait until we see Adrian.” Xavier said, raising his voice. I noticed that he was clenching his jaw, trying to control his anger.

I followed his advice and sat back and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. I felt lost and confused and I hated the fact that I didn’t know what was happening. I stared out the window, watching the scenery change as we continued driving. I started to feel my phone and I quickly pulled it out. I forgot I had it and ignored the incoming call and began to call Leo.

“Hey, you’ve reached Leo. Leave a message and I’ll get back to you.”  His voicemail said. After hearing his voicemail after the 15th call, I started to feel my blood boil.

“Are you done calling him? Because he’s not going to answer. And don’t let Adrian know you called him, after today, you’ll be lucky if Adrian let’s you see him again.” Xavier said as he got out of the car and walked over to my side. I hadn’t noticed that we stopped and I looked up to see my Uncle’s house. Which made me even more suspicious.

“I still don’t understand what the HELL that’s supposed to mean.” I said, as he opened my door.

“Hold your questions until you see Adrian.” He said, closing the car door behind me and walking to the front door of the house.

I walked into the house behind Xavier and noticed there were people everywhere, in the house and all of them were walking around and talking to each other. Some people were on the phone giving orders to other people.

I searched the room looking for Uncle Kevin and Adrian and when I caught sight of Adrian’s scruffy black hair, I bolted over to him.

“You better tell me what the hell is going on.” I told Adrian, ready to rip everyone’s head off.