Chapter 20

****LEO’S POV****

After we all got off the bus, I started to feel like I needed to protect Nicole. Not that she didn’t know how to protect herself, but I felt obligated. I didn’t want anything to happen to her, epescially since I know something happened to her that made her so untrusting of people. And I knew it wasn’t just because of Patrick. I wanted to find out and soon.

I noticed she wasn’t next to me and I was about to go look for her when my phone started ringing.

“Yeah, Chase.”

“Im here. But looks like someone else is too. There’s a black van parked around the corner from the Cathedral and its not just any black van, its got Russians written all over it.”

“Damn, Alexandrov.”

“Yeah, most likely. Look your dad’s sent out messages to almost every hit man in the area. He put out an hit on you and your girlfriend. I called for back up from Damien Trent’s team. Remember him? Well he’s on our side now.”

“Damien? Really?”

“Look we don’t have time to complain about allies. You need to leave that Cathedral and now.” I looked over to see Nicole walking over to me. I pulled her closer as she looked over to someone sitting in a pugh. I looked over and whispered, “Too late” into the phone before I hung up.

“Nicole. I’m going to need you to call Adrian and tell him to come get you right now.” I whispered into her ear as I quickly walked over to one of the fire alarms.

She looked up at me confused and then she watched me pull the alarm and her eyes popped out of her head.

“What the hell are you doing Leo?” Nicole asked staring up at me.

“Call Adrian now.” I repeated.

“Class, we need to leave in a calm manner out of the doors. Keep a partner at all times please.” Mr. Feeser yelled over the loud alarm as he led the way out of the cathedral.

I pulled Nicole over to a side door that I saw a Priest walk into. I pushed her outside and I saw the black van as well as Chase and Damien’s team. I pulled Nicole behind me as I walked over to Chase.

“Get her out of here.” I yelled to Chase.

“No problem. Come on.” He said as he grabbed Nicole’s hand. I kissed her forehead as I pushed her away and Chase led her away from the Cathedral and into an awaiting car.

“Wait. No. Leonidus. What the hell is going on?” Nicole screamed, trying to fight Chase and run back over to me. My heart pulled watching her, but I knew that she’d be safe in there rather than in the Cathedral or even near me.

“Get in the car Nicole.” I yelled at her.

“NICOLE!!”  I heard, Xavier scream as he aimed a gun at my forehead.

“What the hell are you doing Xavier?” Nicole screamed. Chase pushed her into the car and she climbed over to the nearest window, banging on it and screaming. I calmly turned from her and looked into Xavier’s hate filled eyes.

“Adrian was just starting to trust you ass hole.”

“He still can. Im not the enemy this time.”

“So you were the enemy before?”

“No..look we can all sit down and talk about this later but right now, there are Russians waiting for me. My father has pronounced me as a Rogue and put a hit out on me. As of right now, half of the hit squads in this area are coming to kill me. So I suggest you get Nicole to her uncle and Adrian right now.”

“You’re lucky she’s right here or I would kill you myself. Go handle your business and when you’re done, call Adrian. I’m pretty sure he’s going to have some choice words for you.” I nodded as Xavier pulled the gun away from my head. He ran over to the car, grabbed the keys from Chase, got in and drove away. I watched as Nicole sat in the car, looking as lost as ever, with tears streaming down her face.

I hoped that Adrian wouldn’t tell her anything just yet. I wanted her to hear it from me and me only. I owed her that much. But right now, I needed to keep both of us safe by taking out these Russians now.

“Did you put the tracker on their car?” I asked Chase.

Yeah. You driving or am I?” He asked, one eyebrow raised. He already knew the answer. I grabbed the keys from Chase and walked over to the car with a cover over it. I pulled it off, revealing a sleek black Aston Martin Virage. I got into the car, waiting for the Russians to pull off and followed behind them but at a good enough distance that they couldn’t see me.

“They’re heading North on Chesepeake Drive. They’re talking about heading to the old warehouse. They called their boss telling them that the plans were changed because of some fire. Im guessing you did that?” Chase asked.

I just nodded my head and put a little more pressure on the gas pedal. I couldn’t get Nicole’s face out of my head. All that I was doing today was for her. I knew of my father’s plans and what he was doing. But I only chose to quit when I saw Nicole for the first time. Her beautiful hair flowing in the wind as she watched the sun set. She was alone but I knew that she was being watched by her overly protective brother and uncle.

My phone started ringing and I knew who it was instantly. Nicole. She was the only one I gave the number to. Making it hard for others to call me or contact me since I threw away my other phone. Cutting all contact with my father and his life. I was shocked when he called me earlier today.

“Is this the warehouse?” I asked, pulling up and parking the car a good distance away from the warehouse.

“yeah.” Chase said as I got out and headed to the trunk. I left my phone in the car, trying to ignore the slight pang in my heart when I looked at the picture of Nicole. I got out and headed to the trunk, loading the gun and changing into all black. It was only 2:30 PM but I knew that the warehouse would be mostly dark.

“ready?” Chase asked watching as Damien’s men parked their car behind us and got out as well. When we were all locked and loaded. I signaled for us to enter through the back door. Lord only knows if I’ll make it out of this one alive. But I needed to live this time, more than ever. For Nicole, if not for anything else.

I said a silent prayer as I entered into the building and was enveloped in all darkness. My eyes needed to adjust first and then I would kill each and every one of those Russians. Sending their heads as a message to my father. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter will be Nicole's, just for you Johnice lol. You're welcome and enjoy

-Cheyenne