Chapter 19

****NICOLE’S P.O.V. ****

We arrived back at school with a few minutes left in our free lunch period. We took that time to go get our homework and books from our lockers. When everyone had their stuff, we all walked to the parking lot where our school’s private bus was waiting for us. It was only 12 students in the AP Art History class so we spread out on the 56-seater bus. I sat next to Leo and Penny sat across from me. Lucas sat in front of Penny and Ja’Niya sat in from of Leo and me.

Class, it’ll be a ten minute ride. Please don’t make too much noise and don’t disturb the driver. Good?”

“Yeah.” The entire class replied in unison. We all started having our own group conversations.

“So Ja’Niya, when are you and Lucas getting married?” Penny asked nonchalantly, as if she wasn’t going to start WW3 with her question.

“See now you’re just pushing buttons.”

“That’s not even funny Penelope.”

“Oh lawd, he done said your entire name; you know you’re in trouble now.”

“Doubt it.”

“OH…MY…LAWD and TAYLOR. Look at this video my cousin, Sequoyah sent me.”  Ja’Niya said, practically jumping up in her seat. She passed me her phone and I watched as some girl in a blue shirt, some shorts and a hat, sucker punch another girl.

“Sharkeisha!!! No.” The girl said on the video. I just stared at it, unconsciously touching my face because I started to feel a throbbing pain in it. That video made my face hurt, I could only imagine how that girl must have felt.

“I saw that video this morning. You could hear the hit, half way around the world.” Lucas said.

“It’s all over people’s pages on Instagram and Facebook. Everyone’s comments keep saying “DAMMMNNNNNNN”.

“My face hurts.” I said, rubbing my face still. That hit was something serious.

“Same here.”

“And you know it was over a boy right?” Lucas said.

“Forreal?” Ja’Niya asked. I was confused too. All that over some damn boy. Oh hell no.

“Yeah apparently they were friends, maybe best friends, I don’t know. But the girl that got hit was trying to sleep with Sharkeisha’s man and she wasn’t having it so that’s why there’s a video.”

“Oh hell no.”

“I agree. You want my man, and he wants you. Yah can have each other. I refuse to fight over no damn boy. Unless we’re married. That’s a little different but still. That was unnecessary.”  I said. I was upset that the punch to that girl’s face was over some boy. All that ruined a friendship. A damn boy?

“That’s not happening with my girls.” I said.

“That’s right Pooh. Ride or die. Aint no point in sharing or fighting over men.” Ja’Niya said as she high-fived Penny and I.

“So you’re telling me that you wouldn’t fight over me, Nick?” Leo said behind me. I could feel his breath on my neck and that nervous feeling in my gut was starting back up again.

“You damn Skippy. You’re not my husband therefore; I have no claim to you. Once we’re married, its only one way out, you die or I die. But other than that , If a girl wants you, she can go ahead and try. If she succeeds, then I know that you werent the man for me. It’s no point in fighting over you like that. I mean damn. That hit made my face hurt.”

“Right.”  Leo said as he kissed the back of my neck. I felt the goose bumps spring up again, wherever he touched me.

“Maybe…you should…stop.” I said, trying to keep a steady voice. This boy was making me feel like no other. All he had to do was touch me and I felt like I was floating on cloud 9. I mean damn, those hormones are something else.

“I don’t think you want me to.” He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. I felt like I couldn’t control my body or anything. And when we hit a speed bump, my hip bumped into his happiness.

“I see someone’s happy.”

“Only for you babe.”

“Leo that’s just….”

“Class, we’re here.” Mr. Feeser said, cutting me off. A part of me was happy that I had an excuse to leave Leo’s lap because lord only knows where we would have gone. But another part of me was upset that I couldn’t at least get a kiss, if nothing more. I’m a virgin so I guess the hormones rush a lot faster because everything is new for me.

“We’ll continue another time.” Leo said, letting me slide off his lap and get off the bus. When we got off the bus, not only was the sun bright as hell for no reason at all, but the Cathedral was amazingly majestic. The exterior architecture made the building seem taller than it probably was.

“beautiful.” I whispered to myself.

“Not nearly as beautiful as you.” Leo said, coming off the bus behind me. I blushed. And I mean I blushed hard. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face and I felt like my cheeks were going to burst off my face.

“Ok class. The old St.Patrick’s Cathedral was built in 1819 by Joseph-Francois Margin. The construction took just under five years, with the sanctuary being dedicated on May 14, 1815. In that same year…” Mr. Feeser started, walking into the Cathedral as he spoke to the class. I stopped and stared at the exterior architecture before walking in, when someone bumped into me.

“I apologize.”

“No problem dear.” A tall man with a thick Russian accent, long blond hair that came to his shoulders and bright blue eyes said.  “You go into Church, no?”  He asked.

“Yes.”  I said.

“After you then.” He said, motioning me to go into the building. I smiled at him and walked in. I quickly found our class and stood with my friends. Leo wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. I watched as Mr.Feeser spoke about the history of the cathedral. I didn’t pay much attention because I watched as the Russian man, walked up to one of the Pughs and knelt down to pray.

I was completely oblivious to the group of men walking into the cathedral with big black duffel bags. I wished I would have paid more attention.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dunnn Dunnn Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dramatic Music)

LOL you wanted an update. Well here you go. 

Blame it all on Semyia. Lls

Calm down. Ima add another chapter later. Would you like Nicole's POV or Leo's POV? 

Drop your answer in the comments below. And if you dont comment, dont get mad if it doesnt turn out the way you wanted. Thats what you get for not commenting. 

kk

-Cheyenne xoxox