Two

"Zoë?" I held her hand as she laid in the hospital bed, waiting for her to wake.

"What?" She opened her eyes. "Hi Joseph..."

"How're you feeling?" I smiled.

"I'm okay...." She smiled. "Where's Alfie?"

"He's picking up Poppy and Sean..." I rubbed her forehead.

"Where are my kids?" Her smile faded a bit.

"The girls are in the waiting room with Caspar..." I answered. "And the boys..."

"Are they okay?" She seemed worried, until I smiled.

"They have your smile and Alfie's eyes..." I teared up. "They're beautiful..."

"I want to see them..." She teared up, too. "Alfie!"

"Hey darling..." He came into the room. "Are you ready to see our sons?" She nodded. I went with Alfie, Poppy and Sean to the nursery to get a nurse to authorize it. She handed us each one of the boys, and we walked back into Zoë's hospital room.

/

"My babies...." She teared up. "Hello...." She held the small infant. "I don't even remember the names we had picked.." She giggled.

"I already handled it.." Alfie said. "You're holding little Alfie Joe..." He chuckled. "This is Alan, and Joe is holding little Alexander..."

"The triple A's..." Zoë smiled. "The S sisters and the triple A's... Can the girls come in now?"

"I'll get them.." Poppy left the room, bringing back Stephany, Sara and Sophia, and Caspar.

/

"Mum!" Stephany said, smiling.

"We're so glad you're okay..." Sophia hugged her.

"And we couldn't wait to see our brothers.." Sara said, bouncing with anticipation.

"Well, girls..." Alfie said. "Your mum is holding little AJ, Uncle Joe is holding Alexander, and this little guy your Uncle Caspar is holding now... is Alan."

"I'm going to have to stop calling Nala, Alan now.. aren't I?" I laughed.

"Aw! He's waking up!" Caspar smiled. "They have your eyes, Alfie.."

"Yes they do..." Zoë smiled, then kissed Alfie who sat by her bed. "I love you.."

"I love you, darling..." Alfie rubbed her forehead.

"Have they had their first poo?" Poppy asked.

"I believe so... You said they did, didn't you?" Zoë asked me.

"Yeah, while you slept they did. You have yet to change one of their diapers," I chuckled.

"Well..." Caspar said. "It's her turn, now!"

"Oh Alan...." Zoë giggled.

/

Caspar and I went home, exhausted from the excitement of the day, but our slumber was quickly interrupted.

"What the fuck was that?" Caspar said, jumping. "Did you hear that?"

"That sounded lik-" Another loud bang. "Shit.." I said.

"Joe, get down..." Caspar said holding me in his arms. "We need to hide."

"What is that?" I panicked.

"I don't think they were the targets..." Caspar said, bluntly. "We need to call for help.."