Six

Dan and Phil continued to explain to Dillon that Emma was no longer alive, and her death was to keep the rest of us, especially the kids, safe.

"No..." Dillon cried. "No! She's not dead! I refuse to let you tell me she's dead!" Dillon took it much harder than the others, who stayed quiet, sobbing to themselves.

"Dillon, there was a new video last night.." I said. "I analyzed it.."

"You analyzed it wrong!" He screamed, running to my laptop, then plugged it into the television.

"Dillon, before you hit play..... You need to listen to me.." Dan said. "I watched the video last night..."

"Where's CJ?" Dillon asked.

"She found out.." Phil said. "She's at home with your mum.."

"She knew?" Dillon became angry again.

"We didn't want to tell you until you were awake.." Dan said. "I'm sorry..." Dillon hit play.

/

"She..... she is...." Dillon cried. "No...."

"We know..." I hugged him. "She let it happen to save us..."

"She let you escape and took all of the torture, so you could live..." Caspar added. "We still haven't told Jordan and Jacob... but one day soon, they'll know."

"I wanna go home...." Dillon refused to my eye contact.

"Are you sur-" Phil spoke.

"Take me home.."

"Okay..." Dan said, taking Phil's hand. "Come on..."

"Emma...." Leo cried. "She was like a sister to me..." Stephany was wrapped in his arms, crying with him.

/ A month later.... December 19, 2025 /

"Caspy?" I whispered to my husband laying next to me. He didn't wake, so I wrapped an arm around him, and kissed the back of his neck. "Caspar?"

"What, darling?" He whispered.

"I just got a text from Cat..." I whispered. "It's not good..." Caspar sat up.

"What?"

"Here..." I handed him my phone.

"Hey Joe... I'm sorry if I woke you, but....Have you seen CJ and Dillon? They weren't in their rooms, and they left pillows underneath the blankets to make it look like they were asleep.. CJ snores, and there was a recording of her snores.. I'm afraid something's wrong."

"Shit...." Caspar said. We called Cat, putting her on speaker.

/

"Hey.." She said.

"Hey Cat.. I just saw your text. You haven't seen them?" I said.

"No.. They must've left when we all went to bed. You don't think they.. ran away.. do you?"

"Where would they even go?" Caspar asked.

"Dillon probably wants to find the men who kidnapped them..." I said. "We have our tickets for the flight to Perth, right?"

"Yeah.. I had called in yesterday.."

"Well.. We will call you if we hear anything.." Caspar said.

"Okay.. Dan and Phil don't know yet, so I'll be telling them when they wake.. I'll let you two go back to sleep now.." Cat said. "Night."

"Passengers... You may now use electronics.." The lady said.

"This is crazy..." I said. "Why are we even doing this? Is there any use?"