Eight

"We're here to see Emma Mellet Lee..." I said to the receptionist. Caspar and I led Dillon, CJ, and their parents to the hospital room where Emma was sleeping.

"It's crazy to see her so... beautiful again..." Dillon teared up. "That last time I saw her like this was... over a year ago... when we were kidnapped.." He took her hand, and brushed the hair from her forehead. She had stitches and bruising on his jawline, partway down her collar, and her arm was in a sling that looped around the opposite shoulder.

"D-add-ies....." She started to wake up.

"We're right here, Emmy..." I said. "It's okay..."

"Has she woken up for you yet?" Cat asked.

"No.. This is the first time she's wanted to open her eyes.." Caspar said.

"Emma?" I said again, lightly brushing the hair from her face. "It's okay now.... You can open your eyes..." She slowly opened her eyes and saw Dillon next to her.

"Hi..." She said in a soft tone.

"Hey darling...." Dillon cried, smiling. "I missed you so much.... I promised I'd help you."

"We traveled alone, looking for you, Em.." CJ added.

"They ran away to Australia to find you..." I said. "Your codes in the videos helped Dillon find your location."

"I knew he could.." She said, squeezing Dil's hand. "Dilly..."

"Yes, Em?" He smiled.

"I love you so much...." She said, tears dripping from her eyes. "I was afraid I'd never be able to say that to you again..."

"I love you, too Emma...." Dillon leaned in and kissed her.

"The doctors said you can be discharged today, as soon as you help Steele identify the last suspect. Do you think you can do that?" Her nurse said.

"Yeah.." Emma smiled. Her beautiful smile hadn't shown in ages...

/

We gave Emma a card with different faces, and she pointed out all four of the men who were accountable for the attack at Saint Marjorie's, and for her and Dillon's kidnapping, as well as CJ's captivity.

"Thank you Emma..." Steele said. "When I got the call that our men found a girl where Dil and Catie said, I rushed as fast as possible.."

"I know..." She smiled. "Where's Uncle Troye and Uncle Tyler?"

"Tyler is sick, so he's at home with Troye.. And Tyde had to run errands.." Steele said.

"Ready to go home, Em?" I said. She started crying. "Are you okay?"

"I... I never thought I'd hear those words again.... I never thought I'd have the choice to go home.." She said.

/

"Emma!" Marcus and Connor were at our apartment, house-sitting, while we were in Australia, and Conor and Jack were setting up decorations for Emma's welcome home. Martyn and Hazel brought all of the kids over. Troye and Tyler couldn't make it, but Alfie sent a card from the hospital.

/

"So... Zoë's... hurt?" Emma said, sitting on the sofa.

"Yeah.. Uncle Alfie is at the hospital with her. We were in Australia with Dan, Phil and Cat, but when Tyde got a call from Martyn, we flew back.." I explained.

"Will she be okay?"

"We don't know.. She was critically injured when I last saw her.." Caspar said. "Alfie refused to leave her side.."