Four

"I told you to run.." I said again, after being left back in the room with Dillon.

"I can't let you take anymore of this!" He snapped. "Em, you can be the one who runs. I'll stay and wait to be rescued.. Besides... they're more worried about you, than me."

"Don't fucking say that!" I snapped back. "Just because your parents have CJ, Rubie, Timothy, and Scarlette does not mean they aren't looking for you. I bet CJ would punch you for saying such a thing.."

"Fine..." He said, sighing. "Do you honestly want to deal with them... again?"

"I've already taken a lot, love..... Remember school?" I sighed, looking at the large scar on my leg.

"You don't deserve this..." Dillon cried.

"Dil... Baby, stay strong... I need you to run. I need you to run and find help. Please.... I can't run.. I'm too weak.." I said, stopping his tears.

"Are you sure...?"

"Positive..." I responded. "You can untie the ropes, right?"

"Yeah.." Dillon slowly loosened the ropes that tied back his arms, then the one around his ankles. "When do you want me to run?"

"When they pull me out of your sight... Listen for the code.. I'll tell them to go fuck themselves, and that's when you make a run for it. There's a road about five meters from here, and you can surely get there in less than a minute. I'll distract them for just enough time for you to get out of here and make it to the road. When they see you're gone, they should send out at least one or two of their men to follow you.. They're dumb enough to leave the door unlocked, too.."

"What about you?" He looked worried.

"I'll be fine.. Just find a pedestrian to give you a ride to the police station, and your dads will pick you up from there. Remember though.... As soon as you're with them, they're going to try to find you. The police may want you to stay in protective custody."

"I love you Emma..." He started to cry, but stopped. "I'll see you on the other side..."

"I love you, too Dillon..."  I smiled, hiding my fear. "Ready?"

"I think..." He took a deep breath.

"Hey dumb asses!" I yelled. "The police are gonna find us, and when they do, your asses will be in jail for the rest of your miserable, fucked up lives."

"Excuse me, bitch?" The leader of the group pulled on my ponytail.

"You fucking heard me.." I smirked.

"So, you want more of me?" He said, getting right into my face.

"Bring it, asshole.." I peered into his evil eyes. "I'm dead inside anyway."

"After I'm done with you, you won't be saying this shit..." He started to drag me out of the room, his head facing the direction to the other room.

"How about you go fuck yourself?" I said the code word as soon as I was about to exit the room. Dillon quickly removed his ropes and took off, closing the door without sound.

/

It's been at least a week since we planned my escape. There was nothing nearby but empty fields, and a road that was almost never used.

I decided to head off on foot, up the road, but since I've never been good with directions, I had no idea where I was... All I had with me was the last bit of pride I had left, and the bracelet on my wrist that Emma gave me, which matched hers. About three hours went by, and I was just outside of what appeared to be Bristol, but I wasn't sure if it was or where I should go, so I sat on the pavement since it was late, and the sky was getting darker. The next morning, I set off again, looking for help.