Chapter 8: "Talking" Part 2

"Hello? Earth to Ella" Damien said, trying to get my attention.  

"Oh hey, I forgot you were still on. See, this happens when you call me early in the morning, on a Saturday !" I yelled. 

"It's frikin 10:00 am !" He shot me back. 

"Oh. Well I slept late." I think "So why did you decide to call me ?"

"Oh yeah. Um, are you coming to your best friend's birthday party?" What is he talking about? I just gave him a confused stare. "Please don't tell me you forgot Jenna's b-day is today !?!" Then he gave me those owl eyes. 

Fuck, I totally forgot. "Ha! I got you didn't I? I knew it was her birthday today, I wouldn't miss it for the world." I think I pulled it  off. "When does her party start again ?" I asked. 

"12:00, remember." He said, while pouring the milk first before putting the cereal in, I really thought that was weird."But I still didn't get her a birthday present yet. So hurry up and get changed because I'm bringing you to the mall with me. " 

"But why me though? Why not Tanner?" I asked.

"Because he's a guy, not a girl. And he's Jenna's boyfriend remember." He said, thinking I don't remember that part.

" Yeah the boy part makes sense, but so what if he's her girlfriend ? What does that have to do with going shopping with him?" I don't get boys.

"He's already there with her, and if he found out that I didn't get her anything that boy would beat the crap out of me."

"Okay fine, but i'm only going with you because I didn't get her anything too." I replied.

"Okay, i'll be there around fifty minutes. Don't be late." He reminded me.

"No promises, it takes me forever to pick out what i'm going to wear." I said, already picking out my outfit. 

"You know, I don't get you girls. Why does it take you guys so long to change? We're just going to the mall and straight to Jenna's place anyway, it's not like you're going to meet the president of the United States. Jeez. " He said, but I ignored him anyway. "Just don't be late." He said reminding me. Then he hung up.

-

I checked the times and it was already 10:20. So I went downstairs and told my mom, me and Damien are going to Jenna's birthday party. And also Damien's picking me up. She told me to be safe and come home by 10:00 pm. And I just replied back with "yes, mom".

Right when I stepped out the door he's wearing a blue buttoned polo, with khakis, leaning on his red BMW. Not bad. Shake it off Ella! Then he looked my way.

" El over here !" He said, waving at me. "Ay not bad, you like nice." I just smiled and said, "Thanks, you too." Then he opened the door for me, what is this prom night. He went in and looked at me. Then said, "You ready to go ?" I didn't say anything, I just looked at him and nodded. I want to see where we're going. Where my feelings are going. Where our relationship is going. 

-

HELLO READERS. I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THE PIC AT THE TOP IS ELLA'S OUTFIT.