chapter fourteen

The williams's residence on top...

***

De'kay

I'm on my bed starring at this person then back to joshua then back to miranda and closed my eyes,i honestly wasn't expecting them to come this early I mean it's still 8 am seriously.." ohh child look at you, they got you wired up into this machines like you're a robot let me help you settle down" the woman said while trying to lay me back to the bed with so much pillows on my back " nae I think she was comfortable the way she was sitting " joshua said, so this is my grandma wow she's looking fresh but yeah she's old 62/63 not sure " uh hello " I said taking off my mask" hi child, I'm mama Rose, your grandma I'm sure your mother has already told you about the whole story," she says and I nodded" good, I brought you some breakfast, this hospital food isn't good for you child, too much sugar in it" she says, miranda looks like she wants to laugh so bad,." nae come on, let her breath for 2 minutes " joshua said, and grandma Rose gave him the 'back off ' look it ain't pretty at all" uh can I also have some we all haven't had breakfast" tinashe said wow she's got guts " sure thing baby,i got plenty for everyone and you are?" grandma Rose asked tinashe " I'm tinashe and this is Melanie, we both good friends of De'kay" tinashe said politely " pleasure to meet you mam" Melanie said, my girls are being all polite and behaving good wow " lovely to meet you girls..." nae said" okay and I'm joshua kay's brother since no one wants to know me " joshua said, I laughed at his tactics " I'm tinashe as you know uh yeah you know " tinashe said " child keep drooling over this boy you gon get double pregnant I tell you" nae said, tinashe blushed so hard and laughed, I like my grandma lol" don't mind her, nice to meet you tinashe " josh said and she blushed even more, ohhhh....

Mel and tinashe left with miranda to go somewhere and they took josh with them leaving me with grandma Rose really now..." you're very pretty and have good manners child, your father would be so proud to know the woman you are today" nae said and.I smiled " still can't breathe in your own yet? " she asked, I took off the mask " I can, but not for long, my chest tighten when I talk for long " I told her" it pains me to see you like this child, I never thought i'l be meeting you in a hospital bed, maybe when you were born and I was told about you then yes...you gon get through this Don worry and I'm gon be here till you do" she said,shes so carrying " where's De'lay?" she asked " at school,she'll be here by 3 PM, she told me to tell you that you mustn't leave without meeting her, she's so excited to meet you" I told her" that's good. she must be,so child any man in your life?" she asked, oh-oh " you don't have to tell me if you don't want to" she said " i'l tell you some other time " I said then putting back my mask" let me let you rest i'l wake you up when your mother is here" nae said and I nodded.

I didn't sleep much till I heard talking, I knew it was my mother n G'rose, I wanted to hear them talk before I decided to wake " yal didnt want them back then but you suddenly care now? Yal are confusing my babies " my mom said " if you would have came to talk to me when De'lay was born and explain everything to me, the kids wouldn't be confused as you put, kay is grown now, I can tell she's been through a lot already this drama happening in her life needs to stop and only you can make it stop " nae said " what do you mean I can make It stop Rose you never liked me from the jump, you never acknowledged my friendship with De'shawn how you gon love my kids because they sure do look like me from head to toe, tell me how!" my mom said using her latin accent, oh - oh she's mad " I knew you were a hoe, the first time I saw you, you wanted me to just sit back n look at you destroy my son's life "nae said now almost yelling.

It went silent for a moment till my mother spoke" you think you know everything,let me tell you something Rose, if it wasn't for you always meddling in your son's business all the time he would still be here,i loved De'shawn and I know he loved me too but you,YOU had to spot us, you had to control De'shawn, I really believed that you were gon hate me once you know the truth but I don't care, you holy son cheated on me with half of new Jersey, and others from around the world, you encouraged him to do that because you made him believe that I was with someone else, all the stressing and constant arguments I had with De'shawn lead me to 3 miscarriages, 3!! I thought i' l never have kids no more, and when you introduced Candice to De'shawn and forced him to marry her, that didn't only break me, it tore me apart, if it wasn't for James helping me out deal with my depression, I wouldn't be here now, the same kids you're claming wouldn't be here now you understand me? Of course since I was the slutty one, I kept going back to your holy son even after what he has done to me...I stopped talking to my own parents for him, oh I did a whole lot of things for him but he thanked me with what? marrying another woman? Treating me like dirt, as much as I know De'kay and De'lay love james, don't come here And think that you could change their minds about their dad you're so wrong, I just wish De'kay and De'lay see you for the evil woman you are before it's too late" my mom was yelling and cursing, I thought my mom had it better when she was young but I guess not" fact remains I'm their blood they need to be apart of my life and get along with my other grandkids " nae said in a more calming tone " yal need to tone it down or leave the premises,this is a hospital not a club,my patient is sleeping next to yal and you keep shouting like it's only you two in here, tone it down " my doctor said, I mentally thanked him " my apologies dr smith, since you're already here can I please get an update of what's happening with my daughter?and how long she has to be in here? " mom asked, she sounded like she was more calm now" we going to release her tonight, but on the condition that she comes see me every ones in 2 days and also don't make her yell too much, I'm going to have to put her on house rest for the remaining if the week with the oxygen mask and it's gas " Dr smith said " yeahhi" I said,i almost forgot that they didn't know I was awake " sorry " I said again " it's alright you've been here for so long, you heard what I said so have some one drive you here every after 2 days for the remaining of the week and the following week, I believe you got your final semester to do so I need to make sure you're up and ready by then okay? " he asked and I nodded" thank you" I told him " pleasure.