Chapter Five: Remember

Kody's POV

"What the hell is wrong with me?!" I shout, aggravated.

"What's your problem?" My sister inquires, as we prepare to head home.

I pause, reminiscing the events of today and the events of this weekend.

I kept replaying it over and over again in my head.

The way it felt was strangely familiar, soft, and right.

"Wrong!" I feel my cheeks grow crimson. Did I say that aloud?

Lois glances at me strangely.

"What happened, you spaz?" She gives me a strange look.

I straighten my black cap. "Forget about it."

"Whatever weirdo. Anyways, do you see that boy over there?" My sister smirks.

"Yup." I look where she's pointing to see a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and a football jersey. His name was Isaac or Israel. He was on the team.

"What about him?" I ask confused.

"I'm going out with him on Saturday!" She buzzes.

"He's pretty cute." I say, outright. Fuck.

"I mean, you guys would make a cute couple." I cover. She didn't notice anyway, she was too busy chatting up a new friend.

I realize, it was the girl who drove us home last week. I think her name was something with an E, Evelyn or Ellery. Eva!

"Do you guys need a ride home?" She ask, with a sweet smile angled towards my sister. As my sister leans into her locker, she catches my eyes tilting her head and raising her brows.

I feel faint, I can tell she knows about what happened.

"A ride would be great!" My sister says.

I'm sorry Lord but every cuss word known was flowing through my brain right now. I might as well fling myself into the pits of hell. It couldn't possibly get any worse for me, a truly tortured soul.

"We're going to go by Jubilee Juice bar on the way back if you don't mind." She winks.

I think I've passed away.

-----------

We all sit at a booth, Lois and and I across from Eva and Maxxie.

Lois and Eva were deep in conversation about an album they both liked

Maxxie, directly across from me, was quietly sipping a strawberry banana smoothie with a bright yellow straw. His blonde hair always seemed to find its way to canopy his soft blue eyes.

He had a such a small frame. I noticed that his long sleeve shirt clung to him just right but the sleeves were way too long for his short arms. It was actually the cutest thing ever.

I clench my fists in frustration.

There was another group of loud teenage girls across the room sitting on the higher tables. They chatter, taking picture after picture with either straws in their mouths or clinking the drinks like wine glasses.

I'm gonna to talk to them. I get up, taking my juice and my courage with me. I leisurely stroll over to them.

"Have any of you guys tried the mango banana smoothie?" I ask.

One girl smiles widely exposing her straight teeth. She was tall, redheaded, light freckles dotted on her cheeks. She was pretty, totally my type.

"I haven't yet, does it taste good?" She eyes me, then glances back at her friends as they giggle. She flirts aimlessly and I continue the conversation, without failure, her face lights up.  Yeah, I've still got it.