Chapter Seventeen: Talk

Kody's POV

"So you knew?"

"Knew what?" Lois says slowly, growing upset.

I breathe in, taking a right turn down who the hell knows where.

"I had another memory fragment."

"And?"

"And, mom knew." I spit out.

"Lois, mom knew I had come out. Hell, Lois I had a boyfriend. I had come out proudly to everyone. No one ever told me and because of that I had to refigure out my sexuality. I was a fuckboy, I emotionally fucked with someone I actually care about because I was beyond confused and it was because of you and mom, conspiring and not telling me the truth." I laugh spitefully.

I come to a quick stop to collect every one of my thoughts, placing all of the puzzle pieces together.

My array of thoughts were now a clear image. 

"And you knew." I laugh sadly.

"You knew the whole time that I was gay! And you never thought to tell me! Why?!" I pull the car over to the side of the road and park.

I calm my heart rate.

"How could you?" I mutter softly with a small choke of emotion.

I turn to her and her face was wet with tears streaming out of her bright green eyes, mascara running down her cheeks mixed in with the tears.

She opens her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She looks down at her lap.

Sniffling, she looks up at me now choking on her tears, ugly crying.

She croaks."I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it Lois." I say grasping the steering wheel.

"You don't understand what she said to me. You may have your memories of what she threatened you with but I'm not you.
She would've disowned me and cut me off from everything-" she blubbers like a baby.

"She wouldn't-" I started.

"YES, she would!" She looks at me wide eyed with a terrifying nod.

"If you ever tell him about his bad decision I will cut off all of your privileges, no funds for college, no freedoms, and I'll send him away to the farthest military academy on the map." She recites, looking at me with glossy eyes, lip quivering.

I pause as I obtain all of the crazy that was happening.

"Well...if she sent me to military school I'm sure the results would've been the same." I mutter.

We both let out a short laugh.

"Lois..." I hug her immediately regretting my force and temper.

"I could live with the other stuff but I couldn't lose you. You're the only one that keeps me sane living in a home with her alone. I just-" she opens her mouth, breathes and swallows. "Theres no way I could do it."

My face softens. I get back onto the road. We drive in silence for five minutes to the sounds of her drying her face and calming down.