Chapter 1

Docs POV:

I sat by 10K all night waiting for him to come around, I loved him so much even if I didn't make it obvious all the time. He is like a son to me; we have each other's backs. I don't know what I would do if he ever left me but if I ever thought he was going to leave I was probably thinking Z whack!
The kids tough and he can pull through anything! I still can't understand how he managed to escape a exploding submarine, swim back to shore all while he was recovering from a bullet wound. He's a kid made of steel.
I focus my attention on his slow but steady breathing, checking he is okay. Suddenly he begins to splutter and cough. I stand up and rush to his side and I lift his head up.
'Hey how you doin' kid?'
'Better, what happened after I passed out?' He questions.
'Well Murphy has gone. He got on a boat with a few survivors and we have been trying to find him for the past few days but haven't really found much. I missed ya kid'
'Wait, how long have I been out for?'
'Two days; your wound has healed up nicely though, hey your probably a bit thirsty aren't you?'
10k nods his head a little and I reach behind into my satchel and pull out a bottle of water. I slowly hold it up to 10K's soft but chapped lips. He carefully drinks the water being careful not to spill it on himself.
'How's that' I ask.
'Yeah, much better, where is everyone?'
'Oh they have gone of to find some supplies, not got much left ya see?'
And with that the group came back.

'Guess who is awake guys!' I shouted over to everyone.
Warren rushed over to 10K.
'Hey you doing 10k?' Warren questioned.
'I feel fine thanks, can't wait to get moving again! Gotta find Murphy, even if that's one of the last things I ever want to do.'
Addy came over and chuckled.
'Never lost your sense of humour did you?'
'Im not trying to be funny! I hate his guts.'
'Alright 10k' I began ' that's enough now'
'I think we should get moving now, we got food and water but not much else, like a ghost town down there' Hector said.