8

-Chase's POV-

I knock on the window and wait for him to come open it. I know he's still awake. The light's still on and so are the Disney songs. I can hear him singing along to them. That guy's not in there though. He's alone. I knock again and this time, the music stops. I hear some shuffling and the curtains are pulled open not even a minute later. I smile at him as he looks shocked.

He opens the window. "What are you doing?"

"Cuddles, remember?"

He laughs a little. "I thought you were kidding?"

"Well, I was, then I thought, "Hmm. Why not?" You don't want me here?"

He rolls his eyes. "Hurry up. It's cold outside." He moves out of the way and I climb in, shutting the window behind me. "Be quiet, everyone else is asleep. My brother's a light sleeper."

"Brother?"

"Yeah. He's back from college."

I hum. "Okay, well, when do you plan on going to bed, cause I'm spending the night and forgot to bring pj's along."

He chuckles. "I don't remember inviting you for a sleepover."

"Well, you're getting one." I walk past him and search through his drawers until I find the pajama's. I go through all of them and sigh. "None of these will fit me. You got any others, like in the back of your closet?"

"Uh, I could ask my brother if he's got a pair of sweatpants?"

"I thought you didn't want to wake anyone?"

"He's most likely awake right now anyways." He heads towards the door, but it swings open and almost bangs against the wall.

There stands the man from the other day, but this time, he's got a shirt on. He looks like he's on high alert as his head whips between me and Loki. "Who are you?" He frantically asks me.

I open my mouth to answer, but Loki beats me to it. "This is Chase."

The man suddenly relaxes and lets out a sigh. "Oh."

"I was just about to come ask you if you had any sweatpants that he could borrow."

"Why?"

"He's staying the night."

The man suddenly smirks then nods. "I'll be right back." He leaves then returns a minute later with a clean pair of sweatpants that I hurry to put on even though he and Loki are right there. We're all guys, it shouldn't matter.

Wait. This man is Loki's brother? Thank god. I was going crazy for no reason. My mate hasn't found someone else.

The man comes over to me and holds his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Thor. I've heard so much about you from Loki."

I smile at him then glance at a tomato-faced Loki. "You have? All bad things I hope."

He laughs. "Some good things. I do hope you are nice to my brother."

I nod and smile sheepishly. "He's probably the only person I'm not mean to."
He nods to that then bids us goodnight before heading back to his room.
Loki shuts the door then heads over to his bed. After I watch him gracefully pull himself into it, he looks to me with a forced smile. "I'm sorry my brothers so weird."
I shake my head. "Not weird at all."
"Well, I don't really have anything for you to make a bed on the floor, so do you mind sleeping with me?"
I chuckle. "Well, I did come over for the cuddles, remember? I'd be a bit sad if I didn't get what I came for."
He gives me a real smile and pats the spot next to him. "Come on, then. You can choose what to watch."
I take my spot on the bed and he hands me the remote. I pick whatever movie seems interesting and he turns the lights off.
After about ten minutes into the movie, I yawn and look down at Loki just to find him sleeping, cuddled to my side. If that's not the cutest thing I've ever seen, I don't know what is. I turn the TV off and pull him closer, wrapping my arms around him.
I listen as our hearts beat to the same rhythm. It's such a soothing sound.

I wonder if I could give this thing a try. I love being with him. Who cares if we can't have sex? I'll still love him unconditionally. Do I love him now?

I think I do. But it'll be a while until I tell him that. At least while he's awake.

"Loki?" I whisper. He stirs a bit, but doesn't show any signs of being awake. "I love you." I softly kiss his forehead and close my eyes.

My eyes spring open when I suddenly feel a presence outside of the bedroom door. I was about to get up to see who it is, but go against it when I smell the familiar scent of his brother hit my nose.

Why is he standing out there?

* * * * * *

"A barbecue?"

I nod. "Yup. My dad wants me to invite you guys and I was gonna invite Loki anyways."

Loki's mother smiles and claps her hands together. "We'd love to!"

I smile along with the rest of Loki's family. Loki has been very indifferent about it, but I know he just doesn't want to go. I invited his family to come along because I want him to feel comfortable. I go back to the living room and join Loki on the couch. I catch a hint of a smile as he glances at me. "What's that for?" I ask teasingly.

His face goes back to that normal glare of his. "Nothing. I guess I'll be going to that party after all."

"You don't have to if you don't want to. If you wanna stay home, you can, but I gotta be there." It's my brothers birthday.

He sighs. "You really can't just stay here and watch movies with me all day?"

I shake my head. "No can dosville, babydoll."

He laughs really loud, surprising me to the fact that I'm a bit scared. "Please, don't quote The Wedding Bride ever again."

I chuckle along with him. We had stayed up two whole days last week binge watching How I Met Your Mother. We haven't finished it yet though. I gasp. "That's my new nickname for you. 'Babydoll'."

He groans. "No! Anything but that!"

As soon as we hear half a dozen people say 'aw', he blushes and covers his face, groaning.

I feel my face heat up a bit, but I push the embarrassment away as much as I can. I quickly stand and turn to leave, but turn back to Loki. I bend down and press a soft kiss to his cheek before I can stop myself. I can feel my face getting hotter. I can't believe I just did that. "I'll see you tomorrow, Babydoll." I rush past his cooing family and basically sprint to my house across the street.

What am I doing? Is this my decision? Am I accepting him as my mate?