Chapter 33

Pete's POV

"Can we at least have a moment alone?" Patrick asked quietly.

"'Can we at least have a moment alone?'" K mocked. "Stop recreating your time with Lukas. Living in the past much?" Patrick exhaled. "Now, you know what you have to do. Here." K handed him the gun. "Kill Pete."

Patrick took the gun. His hand was steady, and he clicked the safety off.

Oh God. Patrick was going to kill me. He was going to actually shoot me. My best friend. I stared at Patrick, trying to make eye contact. There was no way that he would shoot me, right?

Patrick refused to look at me, inspecting a gun. He was obviously skilled with it, he knew what he was doing.

Natasha shuffled around, staring at Patrick. She looked a bit in disbelief as well. Wasn't this her plan, though? She coordinated the whole thing.

Patrick lifted the gun, aiming it at me. His face was completely blank, and he didn't look me in the eyes. Desperate, I strained against the rope that was holding me. The chair was heavy, it must have been drilled to the floor. I couldn't get away.

I was going to die here.

Patrick closed his eyes briefly, and shook his head ever so slightly.

When he opened his eyes again, he pulled the trigger.