After Rebirth

Often one's company can alter a person's behavior greatly. This couldn't be more true for the young witch as she sprinted to him. What once housed a spirit of fierce independence held an empty heart that regained its lifelong crutch. His chipped nails scrapped at the the stone rim around the pond and his renewed sinewy arms tensed. The pink water bled into a pool of maroon that dripped down his bare chest.

"Holy crapbaskets," Charlotte cried as she yanked her arms out the fitted trench coats sleeves. Frantically she tied it around his waist. All the hairs on his skin stood up in goosebumps and his cold, wet, body shook in an attempt to warm itself.

"Si-Si-Sis w-w-why am I na-naked in a pond?"

She hugged him tightly, to warm him up, and to make sure he was real. Her guilt ran down her cheeks and her own stutter came forth. Not out of a low body temperature, but from an irrational blame she imposed on herself coming forward in a way that is more common of children becoming hysterical.

"I-I-I should h-ha-ha-have drove you. I-I'm, I'm, I'mm, so sorry," she cried into his warming shoulder. The rest no one else, not even her, understood. Her arms hooked around him tightly as she blabber end away. He patted her back, saying everything was going to be okay, even though he had came back from the dead and didn't know what to expect of life anymore.

The duo of judge and goddess of destruction watched from their original spot in confusion. Once her voice came out shrill, strong, and laced with battery acid sarcasm. The witch before them couldn't stop crying like a five year old who's parents said ate their candy. In her brother's arms she became soft, innocent, and - to her mentor watching with disgust - weak.

Lilian stayed planted in her spot, wondering if it would have been better for her character if he stayed dead. After all, the protege entrusted her with making her a badass witch, in terms of gumption and magic. Did that make this her first failure as a teacher? A quick ball of explosive fire could always correct such an innocent mistake...

"No, Lily," Sella warned as embers swirled in her palm. She blew away the ashes collecting in her hands before wiping her hands on her fitted twinsies trench coat.

The matching one currently lay wrapped around the hips of her actual twin...

"I'm only joking," she lied.

More resurrected bodies surfaced. The unlikely duo made sure to count all twenty eight of them. Unsure of whether or not they remembered to pick up the driver's body on the way...

"There he is!" Lilian exclaimed.

Sella Black, the man of a million names, pretended not to care to talk to the newly resurrected twin. He watched next to the immortal, unsure on which mask he should wear to greet him, if he wanted to greet. Which he did not, he continued to tell himself. Still he found a few observations hilarious.

"That's the first man I ever kissed and I have no idea how to approach him," he mocked himself. " He's learning a million and one details about who he is and what happened and I'm not even the person I thought I was when we met..."

His aunt turned on her heels, speechless.

"That guy over there is your first? "

Sella nodded wistfully.

"First off, there's a ginger joke here, but I'm going to leave that unsai-"

"Just say it."

She didn't waste a second.

"It's a shame your first kiss didn't have a soul. At least we don't have to ask him if the carpet matches the drapes cause obviously he shaves it all-"