Chapter 1

Colt (Werebear) X Akayla (Werewolf)

Akayla's POV

Everyone looks at me as breakable, they wont give me chores, they don't let me wrestle and they don't let me mate! It's not fair, its not my fault I was born small, I blamed my human mother. She was my father's mistress for many years until she died at childbirth. My father didn't know how to keep it in his pants, my adopted mother loves me like her own sure. Abaddon treats me like a jewel, my older brother just doesn't understand I don't want to be treated like a weak human. I am strong, I know how to take care of myself; hell I like to rough house. But no once I hit 13 I was to be protected, to be loved and cherished; but how can that happen when every Were in our pack is afraid to touch me because of my brother and my breakable looks. If doesn't help that the my brother is the beta to Danerus, our Alpha; we're all close like siblings so yeah throw me ever finding a mate without those two big orgs scaring them away.

But now the whole pack is getting uprooted so that Danerus can mate with a powerful Luna across the border from us. I heard the place is crawling with bears, which means more guards around me and now more wondering for some alone time. Our Elders liked to pet me and feed me treats like a pet and I hate it, the only time I'm alone is when I wonder. But now that is about to end, and I hate it; I hate change. I'm 16 years old with no life, no boyfriend, and no kind of experience to even speak of. My feature does not look great, like at all.

"Ala, it's time to go." Abaddon says stepping into my tent as I drew in the dirt, I glare up at him and continue my drawing.

"Don't call me that." I growl adding horns to my picture of him.

"Ala, don't be this way; he wasn't right for you." He says immediately hitting a nerve.

"At least he treated me like a Were, and a woman." I growl standing up, setting my fist on my hips to glare up at him further, my nose crinkling with my anger.

"We want nothing to do with their kind Ala, birds are distrustful creatures." He scolds lightly running a frustrated hand through his long chestnut colored hair that came just below his shoulder blade.

I snort, no ones worth trusting when they show interest into me. I blow my bangs up with my frustrated sigh and stalk out of my tent.

"ALA!" He yells readying to chase after me but his many admirers quickly surrounded him leaving me in peace.

I sigh and stretch my arms up over my head and tuck a small tendril of brown curls behind my ear. Taking in my surroundings, sighing happily when I didn't smell my brother or anyone else near. I push a few branches out of my path, until I came to my own little paradise. It's a small meadow, filled with so many different colored flowers and long grass that would hide me if Abaddon comes looking for me to drag me along with the pack. I sigh and make my way through the meadow and slowly lie myself down into it, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin. I smile and tug at my dress until it was off and I was left in only my skin that drew in the warmth of the sun. I close my eyes and envision a life where my brother wasn't constantly worrying about me, a Alpha that was forbidding all males from sniffing around me, and a mother that demanded grandchildren. They all just melted away as the sun embraced me, nothing mattered but me and the meadow. But my paradise was soon shattered when I heard my brother howling for me, I groan and sit up. Grabbing my dress from the ground and slipping it on over my head letting it skim my skin down to my knees. I turn in time to see my brother breaking through the trees, his wolf's head looking this way and that until he spotted me. He howled again, and ran straight for me and knocked me to my butt. I grimace as I felt the anger radiating from his body as his wolf towered over me.

"What was that for?!" I demand angrily trying to get back up to my feet only to be knocked down again as he growled at me.

"Don't you growl at me Abo or I'll tell ma." I threaten pushing him off of me, but I knew I wouldn't get far if I decided to run so I glared at him and climbed up on his back.