Chapter 4 : Aisha

A/N : Hey fam! So sorry for the late update! I have been so busy! But I tried to make up for it by writing a long chapter! :) Hope you all like it! Please vote and comment, it gives me motivation to write more!

Aisha. The type of a girl I never ever thought I would have to live with or even put up with. This girl would surprise me every single day. Me being a total nerd buried in my books, have always been around other nerds who were also buried under books. Though I did come across more out-going and open people, I never really had a chance to get close to them leave alone live with such a person.

Aisha was my first experience, and though as amusing and interesting it was to watch her, it was not really that comfortable. Why you ask? I don't really know... maybe because everything about us both was different. Her style, way of talking, her life style, her view towards life was such a contrast from mine.

"Hey Sexy! I am going out, do you want anything from the store?", I heard Aisha speak up as she walked by me towards the door.

"Don't call me that. And yeah get me some orange highlighter", I answered before getting back to my books.

"What's wrong in calling you sexy... sexy", she laughed as I rolled my eyes, "and who uses orange highlighter. I think silver will go better. It will make your brown eyes pop out", she said and looked at me. It took a moment for her to register my confused expression. "Oh you meant highlighter as in the one we use on books.... Okay", she laughed and I just shook my head.

"Okay bye", she said and I looked at her surprised. "You won't get dressed?", I asked her.

"I am dressed babe", she said with a frown pointing to herself. She was wearing a cute pink top and shorts which was way too above the knee, but who am I to judge. Me being from Mysore where these kinds of clothes were not so common, made me a little to amazed by her dressing sense.

"Is this too long?", she said faking an innocent look, and then started laughing. She knew I was staring at her legs and I immediately shifted my gaze away mumbling a 'no'. She laughed at me, "You are too cute babe", she said as she approached me and hugged me by the side. I instantly moved away. Aisha very well knew that I was not a touchy-person and she used to deliberately tease me by being extra touchy with me. "And I am gonna make you wear these one day", she said and I looked back at her with wide eyes. She chuckled and then exited the door. No way I am ever gonna wear something like that! I thought.

Little did I know...

...

Priya had not been home since a week. I longed to speak to someone. I had started to feel lonely here in Mumbai. Aisha, though a little annoying, turned out to be really sweet. She would always ask me to go out to parties with her and I always refused. I was neither used to nor comfortable in going to such parties. I would just sit at home and get more and more frustrated with my life.

My next exam was due in one week and I had been studying non-stop. I had hardly slept for four hours in past two days and that was making me go even more delusional than I already was.

I figured out I was wasting my time trying to study when clearly nothing was entering my head and hence I decided to take a short nap. I closed my eyes as within seconds was in deep slumber.

"Babe?", I head a sweet voice call me as some delicate fingers held my shoulders. "Five more minutes mom", I mumbled as I refused to open my eyes.

"Mom?", I heard a chuckle. That chuckle sounded very familiar. "Babe you are late for work and I think your boss is calling you", I head the same voice speak up again. That's when it hit me. I opened my eyes and sat up instantly, "Oh my God what time is it?", I shrieked as I frantically looked for my phone.