Chapter 17 : Confrontation.

A/N : Hi again you little cupcakes! Here's a looooong new chapter  for you! I personally am in love with this chapter for many reasons. Comment below and tell me your favourite moment in the chapter! 

Also, this chapter  is written by my friend the AnonymousAngel with a little bit of editing by me !

So go ahead and enjoy !

- Emotional Wreck.

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. LA? I looked at my mom with confused eyes.

She smiled back at me. “Yes, you heard me right.”, she reassured me.

“B-But.... Why?”, I asked, still not figuring out why would mom come up with this idea out of the blue.

“Sanju...”, she said as I looked at her giving all my attention, “I've noticed how unhappy you were from the past couple of months. At first I thought it was just a phase of withdrawl from Mumbai. But as time passed by I actuay began to notice that you were really unhappy”.

I broke my gaze towards her n started focusing on the corner of my bed. I really didn’t know my mother would see through the fake smile that I displayed when with people around.

My mom continued, “There were moments where I regretted getting you back to Mysore... I figured out that you were upset with me that I made you leave your happy life in Mumbai and got you back to where you started. But trust me when I saw you with that boy Ron, instantly the protective side of me got the best of me”.

My eyes shot up at the mention of Ron. She still remembered him. I didn’t know if that was a positive or a negative sign.

My mom didn’t react to my surprised expression and continued, “I did not give you a chance to explain I know, and I am sorry about that. It’s not that I do not trust your selection or decisions. It’s just that I have seen more of life than you my child, and trust me when I say, everything seems good and colourful at the beginning, but eventually people change, life gets messed up and you end up being broken. I was afraid you would end up making the biggest mistake in your life... I just couldn’t picture you getting hurt”

At that very moment it danws to me that she was talking about dad.

My mom had a rough marriage and dad was never around. I had heard from one of my aunts that mom and dad had fallen in love during college and then ended up marrying each other against all odds. Somehow dad changed after marriage and life was a downward spiral for mom ever since. I recall seeing my dad last when I was 10 year old, he has never come back home after that.

“Hope you are still not mad at me Sanju”, my mom sighed and that snapped me out of my thoughts. I recognised the genuine care and love in her voice and my heart just melted. I silently nodded and then I did something I didn’t do for the past couple of months. I genuinely smiled.

I understood my mom completely and she understood me. We developed a kind of understanding and love for each other which none of us had felt before in all these years. That didn’t mean we didn’t love each other before. It was just something deeper and precious.

3 months later

I was extremely annoyed when I sat in the cab. I had been made to run from place to place at the most odd times for that USA visa. Today I had finally laid my hands on that damned visa 3 months later.

I directed the driver to my address and sat back to relax for a bit. My thoughts drifted back to Ron. In fact if I was very honest with myself, Ron never even left my thoughts in the first place. He was always there, at the back of my mind.