Chapter 7 : He Is Back.

Today was stressful. Why? Not because there was too much work at the hospital. Not because the traffic jam on my way to work. Not because that one troublesome patient who didn't allow me to give him his medicines. Nope. Not because of any of that.

I was stressed because of how Aisha dropped that bomb on me and disappeared from the scene in the morning. That woman so casually mentioned that Ron met with an accident and then cut the call. I checked my WhatsApp to see if she had given any details but no. All she sent was 'Ron met with an accident; I am going to the hospital'.

Who does that?

I called her multiple times after that, and she didn't pick my call. I tried to call the others, Ajay and Rita, but no one knew about where they were. I did drop a couple of messages, but she replied to none.

I came home still stressed and worried about Ron. I spent my time cooking so my mind would get deviated. The last line that I told him kept playing in my mind. 'I hope you break a leg and don't go to that stupid Videocon whatever', I had told him. I felt so bad. I hope he was okay.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the front door open and I hurried to the door to find Aisha entering in.

"Aisha! Where have you been? Why would you not answer my call, woman? You didn't know how concerned I was... How is he?", I said, all in one breath as I approached her, a little upset with her and a lot worried about Ron.

"Woah woah okay! Calm down there", she said as she dropped her bag on the table and settled down on the chair. She looked exhausted.

"Aisha... Tell me. I am worried okay?", I said folding my arms in the front and standing in front of her.

She looked at me with a weird expression, which then turned into a smirk. "And didn't you just say yesterday that you hated him?", she chuckled.

"Aisha!", I frowned. This was clearly not the time for jokes.

"Haha! Okay okay... He is fine. I told that idiot to take a cab while going to VidCon, but his silly ass wanted to explore the city and have his own adventure, so he rented a bike. Clearly, he is not used to driving on the left side of the road so he ended up crashing into a car", she rolled her eyes and I gasped.

"Is he okay?", I asked now worry creeping in my mind. I hope he did not break his leg like I had told him.

"Yeah well he ended up having a hairline fracture of his wrist and few bruises", she said and shook her head, "Stupid guy he is".

"Oh...", I said and breathed a sigh of relief. Hairline fracture was not that bad, "He will be fine then", I breathed out.

"Yeah he is okay. Just a little bummed that he could not attend VidCon or do his segment as he cannot be playing his guitar for a while. But other than that he is okay", she shrugged and got up to go to her room.

I felt a pang of guilt. I hope you break a leg and don't go to that stupid Videocon whatever... I recalled how I had wished for it. Wow... God heard my prayers this time huh? I mean where was God when I wished I would clear the exam?

...

"Sanjana love, I am hungry", I heard Aisha yell from her room as I sat in the living room day-dreaming. I did that a lot these days.

"yeah dinner is ready", I yelled back and Aisha came out of her room excited to eat. When I discovered Aisha love for food was similar to mine I had liked her even more. Aisha went to the kitchen and served herself some Roti and curry that I had made and got her plate to the living room where I was sitting.