The Real High School Love Story

Chapter 1

My alarm went off at 6:30 like it always did. I got up like I always did. I got ready like I always have done. Repetition. Boring. That's all that happens in the small town of Sylow, Ohio.

I went down stairs after pulling on some black sweatpants and a purple jacket with just my white sports bra under.

"Can you take me to school?" my little sister, Carah, asks.

"Isn't that what buses are for?"

"Just forget I asked."

That was weird. She normally never even asks. She was a freshman and I was a senior. I would take her to school but all the freshman were in a whole other building, separated from the seniors. We had a senior building because there was a situation a while back that the seniors were being a bad influence on the younger grades so we got moved.

It was a shitty place though. It was falling apart. There was barely air conditioning in most of the rooms. There was only air conditioning in the gym, theatre and the main office. Most of the teachers buy fans to put in their rooms, or heaters in the winter. But nothing could down my mood about my senior year. My final year in this damn hell hole. 

I got into my purple Chevrolet truck. Last month my dad let me get a paint job on it. It looked sexy as hell now. I turn the car on and Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera came on. I start jamming to it and start my way towards school.

I pull up to my school and park right up front. Since I got one of the highest GPA's last year I got a reserved parking space up in the front of the building. I was a bit late and could see a whole bunch of students piling into the school.

For a small town, there was a butt load of students. Most of the people at my school didn't live in Sylow. The school buildings were placed in the middle of a bunch of towns. Therefore, most of the people I met lived far away, so school wasn't so bad growing up, it's where I got to see all my friends. I mean now that I have a car I can go see them but I didn't like spending a lot of money and gas killed me. 

I jolt my head back as I heard a thump on the back of my car.

"Hey Faye!" someone yells from the back.

When I look up I saw the breathe-taking smile of Liam Payne, quarterback for the football team, complete nerd, and my best friend.

"How was your weekend?" he asks.

"Boring as usual."

"Well, I for one, made a new friend this weekend!" I pat him on the head and he smiles.

"Who was it?"

"Some people moved across the street from my house. There's a guy that's our age and he has a little brother that's a sophomore I think," he explains, "He's really nice. His names Niall and his family moved here from South High." we went to North High.

"Awesome! Are you going to introduce me?"

"Will your boyfriend be jealous that you are going to be talking to another male?" I punch him in the arm, harder than I intended to, but he was right.

Harry Styles. The so called 'bad-boy' of the school. I didn't see him as being that bad though. Yeah, he could be a pain in the ass sometimes and rude and mean to other people but most of the time they deserved it. At least that's what he said. The thing about him is that he gets very jealous very easily. It took a lot of persuading to convince him that Liam and I were just friends.

Liam and I have been best friends since birth. The thing is, I didn't have to be different around him. You would think that somewhere in my future Liam and I would end up getting married or some shit but it will never happen. Last year we tried dating and we just couldn't take each other seriously. We were more like brother and sister so when I kissed him, it was literally like kissing a family member, not the love of my life.

Harry and I started dating at the end of summer. It's been 5 months. Yeah, he has cheated on me. Yeah, he has said rude things to me but I always find my way back to him. He was my guilty pleasure. He was the only guy in school that took an actual interest in me. Yeah, I had a bunch of guy friends but no guy wanted a romantic relationship and for a while I was okay with that but then it got old.

I walk into school with Liam and we head to our lockers. They were right next to each other. Convenient right? I get my things for my only two classes of the day. I always take early leave because I already have all my credits for college. Liam was different, he had to take three classes because he forgot about his fine art credit so he has to take art. Harry had to retake a few classes at the main high school because he failed them last year. Yeah, I'm not dating the brightest star in the sky.

After I took my two classes I went to my locker and got my stuff and headed to the office to see if they needed my help with anything, Normally they would have me sort files or deliver papers to teachers. I had nothing better to do at home and didn't have a lot of classwork. 

"Hi Ms.Keller! How are you? Is there anything I can do?"

"Actually, there's a new student talking Mr.White. You could show him around the building and introduce him to the teachers."

"Okay. Will do!" 

Right then, a blonde haired, medium-height guy steps out of the principals office.

"Fayden, this is Niall." he introduces us.

He looks up and gives me a smile and held out his hand. I really wish I dressed better this morning.

"Hi. I'll be showing you around the building." he nods as we walk out the office.

"Uh, so, I think you met one of my friends. Liam? Yeah he told me about you. I'm Fayden, but you can call me Faye."

"Yeah, he's really nice. I'm Niall."

We walk around the school for a while and I show him the classes he would be in but I couldn't introduce him to any of the teachers because they were either gone or they were still in class. 

"So, that's pretty much it. It sucks here, I know." I laugh.

"Ay, it's not so bad if ya just think 'bout it. " 

Just as we turn the corner I saw Harry. He was making out with Ella, my girl best friend.