Trying

Trying {Chapter 8}

*FAYES POV*

"You sure?" Niall asked.

"Yeah. Liam is my best friend and if he likes this girl then I guess I should at least make an effort to." I huffed.

I was really nervous. I mean it seemed like Liam really really liked Reagen and I didn't want to get in the way of their relationship. I feel like I'm being the hypocrite, too. I mean, Liam never judged Harry and my relationship no matter how shitty it got. I loved him for that and I can't help but feel that Liam practically hates me now because I wasn't giving an effort but I am now. Better late then never, right?

"Okay, I'll call him now then." he said. 

Niall walked into what seemed to be the dining room.

"Hey Liam! It's Niall," he started,"yeah she's with me. She wanted you and Reagen to come over," he shuffled in his place, "well, it's getting pretty late so you guys could just stay over, Faye is." he started to walk back into the kitchen, "Alright! See ya in a few." he ended the call.

"They are going to stay the night. I hope that's okay with you." 

"Well you just better hope things go down nicely." I smiled.

It would be very awkward if Reagen and I got into a fight and she had to stay the night. I mean, I know if things got really bad I could just leave or Liam and Reagen would leave but i didn't want that to happen. I wanted Reagen and I to get to know each other.

Niall and I scavenged his kitchen for food and set out an array of junk food for what seemed to be like a middle school slumber party. He and I decided we would mix up the bag of m&m's we found with the popcorn we made. A sweet and salty dreamy treat. We almost spilled the soda when we heard the door bell ring.

"It's probably just Liam." he assured me.

He put down the Dr.Pepper and walked down the hallway to his front door. I heard a few mumbled and then more footsteps. There stood before me was Reagen and Liam. I guess I should be nice now.

"Hi!" I ran over to Liam for a hug but he quickly wrapped himself around Reagen.

"Uh, Faye and I got some food out if your hungry. We can watch some movies if you guys want or we could just hang out." Niall lightened the mood.

"Okay well I guess I should be the first to say, I am truly sorry for my behavior at Steak and Shake. It was very immature to take out all my anger on you, Reagen. I understand I don't really know you and that it is wrong for me to judge you from only what I have heard from other people." I apologized. All she did was nod.

"Thanks Faye." Liam mumbled.

What the hell? I just nicely apologized and all she can do is nod. I mean that is what Liam wanted me to do right? Apologize? I mean Liam isn't really giving me a chance here.

"Well, I really want to get to know you, Reagen. So why don't you tell me about yourself?" I said, honestly intrigued.

Reagen looked up towards Liam and separated herself from him.

"Well, I'm nothing like what you think I am!" she spat at me.

"I said I was sorry for judging you on rumors. If your head wasn't so full of yourself, maybe you would've heard me!" I retorted.

"That's exactly what I mean! You think you know me but you don't!"

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO RIGHT NOW!" I yelled.

I could tell she didn't know what to say about what just happened. I could also tell that Liam was very excited. I wouldn't blame him, I rarely ever yell. I mean I hated to yell so this was a big start for me. I could feel myself calm down.

"My favorite color is brown. I like it because it gives you a warm feeling. It's also brings me comfort because Liam's eyes are brown and whenever I look into his eyes I know I will be safe."

I was surprised by her confession. I mean I was sort of hoping she would stay quite and then leave but she didn't.

"I like to play tennis and to draw. I am an only child. My parents are always gone which is why I throw a lot of parties. I don't like to be alone. Amy and I used to be best friends back in middle school and as freshman until she met Amber and became her clone and dragged me into it. During my sophomore and junior year I did things that I am not proud of. I've told Amy everything and she uses it against me. She wants me to be fake like her and to have a boyfriend that she can manipulate, that's why she wanted me to go after Niall. Since he's new, he doesn't know a lot about the school and can easily be accepted in our clique." she cried.

I felt a warm tear stream down my cheek. I didn't exactly know why but I do know that everything bad that has happened to her seems to be Amy's handiwork.

"I'm sorry." I barely whispered.

All she did was bury her face into Liam's chest and started to cry. I felt really awkward around crying people, especially crying people that I wasn't very fond of. Niall obviously noticed the awkwardness and led everyone into the living room and put on Grown Ups 2. Liam and Reagen sat on the love seat and cuddled together and Niall and I were on the long couch. Niall jumped and laid down on the whole couch.

"Really?!" I playfully yelled at him.

"I need to feel comfortable!" he protested.

I gave out a loud huff and sat on his back.

"Really?!" he mocked me.

"Hey! I need to be comfortable!" 

"Fine!" he said as he wrapped his arms around me and let me cuddle in his arms while we laid on the couch together.

Woah. I felt a million butterflies flutter all around my stomach and to my heart.