Home Sweet Hell

"Wait here" Jesca told Mike as they walked in.

"Mom!? Dad!? There's someone here to visit!" Jesca yelled as she walked into the kitchen and then the family room.
She started towards her parents room when she heard them.

"What? Who's here?" Her mom said. Jesca slowly pushed the door open.
Her parents were at their desks sorting papers.

"Um. Come and see who it is." Jesca said. Her parents both have her the same confused look. Her mom put down the papers in her hand and walked to the door. Her father decided to follow.

Jesca stepped away from th door and waited to make sure they would follow her. As soon as they walked out she headed back through the house to the front door. Jesca took her place at Mike's side. Her parents froze when they saw Mike.

Her mother turned blank. Her father however began to look very angry. He took another step towards Mike.

"WHAT THE HE'LL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING HERE!" He yelled at Mike.

Mike seemed surprised. He had expected his father to be disappointed and a little bit mad. But this? He was furious.

Jesca's mother stepped forward. "Jesca go to your room" she said as calmly as she could.

Jesca was taken back by that. "No. Why should I? He's my brother," she attempted to reason.

"Jesca listen to your mother," her father said.

Jesca didn't say anything. She just looked at them with confusion and frustration.

"JESCA!" HER her father yelled.

"Don't tell at her like that," Mike said.

"Excuse me!? She's not your daughter!" Her dad said.

Mike stepped in front of Jesca. "She's my little sister," he said protectively.

Without any hesitation their father punch Mike. He fell to the ground. Jesca stared at her father who stared back menacingly.

"Go. To. You. Room. Now." He said slowly.

Jesca stepped around Mike and started running up the stairs. About halfway up she looked down at Mike apologetically. Mike looked up at her as he slowly stood back up.

Jesca went to her room and locked the door. She turned to the window and looked out. The sun had just started to go down. She noticed something on the window ledge. She stepped closer to see what it was. It was a piece of paper. She unfolded it and read.

Jesca if you ever need anything call me. 575-910-6755
- Jase

Jesca dialed the number on the paper. It ring twice.

"Hello?"

"Jase." Jesca heard her voice and realized how upset she sounded.

"Jesca? What's wrong?"

"Mike... He came home. My dad hit him.."

"What? Jesca what happened?" Jase's voice started to sound more and more worried.

"When my dad saw him he got mad.. He yelled at Mike and then told me to go to my room. Then he punched Mike and I ran to my room."

"So you're safe?"

"Yeah."

"What about Mike?"

"He's still down stairs with my dad."

They were quiet for a second and listened to the telling down stairs.

"Jesca leave the house now. I'll be there in a minute"  Jase said quickly and hung up.

Jesca turned the phone off and went to  peak downstairs. Her father had Mike pinned against the wall screaming at him. He had a mark on his jaw where it appeared he got punched. Mike's eye was slowly turning purple and he looked scared.

Jesca ran down to stop her father.

"Dad! Stop!" She yelled as she ran down the stairs.

Mike and her father both looked at her. Her mom was nowhere to be seen.

"Leave him alone!" She yelled.

"Jesca don't," Mike said.

Jesca ignore him and stepped in front of her father. Stop it. Her dad let got of Mike.

"What did I tell you?" He said.

Jesca stood there silently.

"You stupid girl," he said. He raised his fist.

"DAD!" Mike yelled but it was too late.
Jesca was on the ground.

Mike punched his father hard enough to knock him down to the ground as well.

Just then the door opened. Jase stepped in. He looked around and saw Jesca on the floor.

"Mike. C'mon let's go," he said walking over to Jesca.

Mike stepped to the door and kept and eye on his father who was starting to get up. Jase picked up Jesca. "Cmon" he said softly.

Jase hurried out with Jesca inn his arms. Mike followed closing the door needing them. Jase put Jesca into the back seat of a car that was out front. He'd left the engine running. Mike got in the front seat. Jase quickly got in the driver's seat as the front door of the house opened and Jesca's father stumbled out. Jase quickly drove off before her could get close.

"Where are we going?" Mike asked.

"My house. We need to make sure Jesca's ok."

A/N so that happened... this is my longest chapter so far. If you want me to start writing longer chapter just let me know.