Saving a sorry Soul

Author’s note

This chapter has mentions of several injuries relating to physical, and/or sexual abuse. If the idea of this makes you squeamish, you would be best to skim over his chapter instead of reading in detail.

Remember, if you suspect that a friend is being abused, tell somebody immediately, even if there’s a miss-understanding, you’re better safe than sorry

~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Chapter 10

Harry’s POV

    “Potter,” said Snape slowly, “What is wrong with your hand?”

“I..uh… I fell.” I mumbled.

He raised his eyebrow, “You fell, and somehow managed to crush most of the bones in your hand?”

“Yes?”

“You don’t sound very sure,” he replied stormily, “and I don’t believe you simply decided to take a stumble down a fight of stairs, now tell me Potter. How did you break your hand, did you decide to pick a fight with somebody you couldn’t handle? Our perhaps you got injured while exercising your enormous ego?”

“Yes, Sir.” I said quietly, and I noticed that Snape looked surprised.

“Potter,” he said quietly, “it is unlike you to be so cooperative, now tell me what’s wrong, before I have you dissecting flesh-eating slugs with a maimed hand.”

“If you don’t mind sir,” I said, not wanting to tell Snape about my family, “I’d rather dissect the slugs.”

Snape looked at me with surprise. I guess he didn’t have any slugs.

He quickly regained his cool composure.

“Something makes me think that you are not telling me the entire truth. Do I need to remind you that I have the privilege of using Veritaserum? Don’t think I won’t take advantage of that privilege.”

My mind was racing. I could tell him consciously. That would be the most painful option. Or I could let him use the Veritaserum. That would force me to spill absolutely everything. 

I decided that he was bluffing and remained stubborn, “I’m sorry sir but I’d rather not talk about it.”

“Damn it Potter!!! You are so like James! You are a stubborn, egotistic, jerk! If you insist on fighting at Hogwarts, than I will call the headmaster down here, and insist that you are expelled immediately!!!

“Please sir! Don’t expel me!” I pleaded, suddenly very worried “I’ll do anything!”

“Then tell me how you managed to get yourself so screwed up!!!” he yelled

“I’m s-sorry…” I stuttered, “but I can’t.”

Snape grabbed me by the collar, and pushed me up against the wall, I could feel the blood leaving my face as Snape grabbed a vial of clear liquid from the shelf behind me. I immediately recognised it as Veritaserum.

“No!” I protested, “Please, sir! Don’t!”

“Shut up Potter!” he snarled, and with that he pushed my mouth open and poured three droplets of the potion on my tongue. After making sure that I had swallowed the potion, he shoved me back to the desk, and walked around to stare me in the face. I saw the look in his eyes, and immediately knew that it was going to be along night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Snape’s POV

   After I had made sure that Potter had indeed swallowed the potion, I pushed him back over to the desk, and looked him in the eyes.