Chapter 18

Meredy's P.O.V

I knew he was here, I smiled to myself after I pulled away from the fire. The scars on my face hurt but I endured the pain... I won't cry from a little pain, I have to prove I'm strong.

"Now I need to teach these bastards a lesson." He smirked. I put me down I had stood up.

"You have to save me a few guys to beat the hell out of." I said. He looked at me.

"Alright if you are up for it." He said. I nodded. We ran into the battle where I saw King Natsu and Gray battling them, I'm surprised they could keep up with how many there were.

I grabbed a sword from one of the knocked ones, so did Lyon. I fought a lot of them, leaving me with a few more scars. I didn't focus on that. I was more focused on Lyon he was facing off with the King at this time. Gray, Natsu, and I were holding off the guards.

'Lyon I'll hold them them off for as long as I can. Please be alright...'

Lyon's P.O.V

Here I was, face to face with King.

"You're going to pay for what you did."

"You don't understand why I needed to do it, so shut the hell up, boy." He said. I slashed with the sword left and right until he was down.

"You're right, I don't understand why you would hurt an innocent girl." I said.

"I will get my revenge..." He muttered then passed out. Damn him.

-Time Skip-

After we had left that Kingdom we had made it back to the Celestial Kingdom where we said our goodbyes to Gray and Natsu and walked off.

It was becoming night so we decided to camp here until the sun came back up.

"So Meredy while we have some time. Can you tell me some things about yourself?" I asked.

Meredy's P.O.V

H-He really wants to know about me?! I blushed, people don't usually ask about me...

"Umm well I have a little sister named Wendy and an older brother named Jellal." I mumbled.

"Jellal... Oh Prince Jellal engaged to Princess Erza right?" He asked... Engaged... I'm engaged... I don't want to be...

"Yup." I said. "I also had a father, he had left us when I was young and Wendy was a year old..."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

"Don't be, I hated him anyway, he only wanted to marry my mother for money then he went into hiding... *sigh* I haven't told anyone that to be honest, the most I'd usually say about my father is that he was a good man, yup, I would lie..." Why am I telling Lyon then? Why do I feel close enough to him to tell him this... I blushed at the memory of when he kissed me.

"Are you alright? Your face is red..." He mumbled. I quickly nodded.

"Yeah. Don't worry. Anyway tell me about yourself... If you want to..." I mumbled.

"When I was around the age of 13 my parents had died in a fire they pushed me out of the house to protect me the house gained up to much of the fire and the smoke that it exploded and there was not a trace of them left... I had to result to stealing and being a thief since I had no money or anything... I didn't usually steal for myself though..." He said.

"Then who did you steal for?" I asked curiously.

"Children who needed it... I didn't want them to end up like me..." He mumbled.

"Lyon..." I whispered. I never would of guessed his life was so hard... I felt myself caring about him more... Is this love? Since he told me this I don't think I should keep what he did a secret...

"Lyon there's something I need to tell you something."

"Hmm?" He responded.

"That night when you were drunk, you had k-kissed me... It was my first kiss..." I blushed.

"O-Oh I-I did... I-I'm so very sorry." He said.

"It's ok you didn't know..." Dammit I hate how complicated this is! I have feelings for him but I can't! I have a fiancé! I hate it! Without knowing it tears had fallen from my eyes.

"H-Hey what's wrong?!" He said, freaking out.

"I-I'm sorry." I said.

"W-What's wrong why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." I said.

"I don't know how to feel..."

"How to feel?"

"I have a fiancé... " I said.

"A fiancé..." He looked hurt.

"I never wanted to have one... but life gave me this cruel fate..."

"Meredy..." He whispered.

"Is it wrong to have feelings for you though I can't?" I whispered.

"It's not wrong to have feelings, and it's not wrong for me to feel the same way." He cupped my face, and kissed me...

Then it all went dark...

I'm not dirty enough to describe it.