Chapter 12

Ultear's P.O.V

"Wendy!" I yelled.

"Yes, mother." She said, she sounded shaken up.

"Wendy, are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yeah mother, I'm fine." She says.

"Where's Meredy?" I ask.

"Oh she's in her room, she has a cold." She said.

"Oh what a shame... Well when you get the chance. Tell her, the wedding was rescheduled to next week because the Saber Kingdom is very busy planning for the other Prince's wedding." I said.

"Oh ok..." She mumbled.

Lyon's P.O.V

"We need to hurry up, we're going to be late!" Meredy yelled.

"Hold on, I'm not used to wearing these 'clothes.'" I said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She mumbled. How do people wear these things?

"What's the whole deal about being there now, you've probably been to 100 of these." I mutter.

"Yes but, this is for close friends of mine, and whenever me and my family came here, we would always be there, in the first or second group of people." She smiled. I then thought of another reason.

"Or your just scared of the Queen's mood swings and that she'll start crying about how we were not on time even though we were only a few minutes late." I said.

"Yeah that too." She sweat dropped.

A few minutes later we made it to the gates.

"Stop, who's there!" A guard yelled.

"My name is Meredy I'm here with my friend for the ball." She said.

"Do you have a pass?" The guard asked. What ball needs a pass? Meredy then did a very unexpected thing.

She showed her breast a little more and put one of her hands on the back of her head, her elbow sticking out.

"Oh do we really need a pass? Can't me and my friend just slide this once." She said and winked at them. Damn... I blushed.

They blushed and nodded. "Sorry mam and sir, go right ahead!" One of the guards said. She walked through the gates, an angelic aura around her, I walked through after.

"Keep it in your pants!" I yelled at them and continued walking.

Nobody's P.O.V

"Where the hell did you learn that?" Lyon asked her.

"From Lucy, she knows a lot of tricks. I could teach it to you sometime if you are interested." She giggled.

"Why the hell would I want to learn that?!" He yelled. Meredy shrugged.

"You never know." Meredy said.

"Well I'm not interested, and can we just go in already?" Lyon asked.

"Sure right this way!" Meredy smiled grabbing his hand, and dragging him to the ballroom.

-Time Skip-

The two finally made it to the ballroom. Where there were many people talking, laughing, and dancing. Meredy smiled as she looked at everyone. They all seem to get along here... She thought.

"Meredy, Lee, you're here!" Someone said. The two look to see the Queen and King smiling.

"Hello King Natsu and Queen Lucy." Meredy bowed. Lyon bowed as well, confused about what he was doing.

"Good to see you again Princess Meredy." Natsu said.

"You as well." Meredy smiled.

"Well you two enjoy yourselves." Lucy said.

"We will." Meredy and Lyon said.

A new song had just come on, Lyon held out his hand to Meredy.

"May I have this dance?" He asked. Meredy blushed.

"O-Of course." She said.

-Time Skip-

After the dance, Lyon had found a bar and started ordering drinks, Meredy stood around looking for something to do.

"Excuse me miss, would you like a drink?" A man asked Meredy, she turned to see a tan man with dark brown bushy hair and a line over one of his eyes.

"Sure, thank you." The girl smiled taking one of the drinks off of the plate.

"No problem." The man smirked and walked away. "No problem at all." He whispered.

Little did Meredy know, was that the drink she had chosen was a deadly poison...