Chapter 17

Meredy's P.O.V

I didn't know where I was going... The only thing I knew is that I'm going to be executed...

'Lyon please be ok...' I think to myself. 'Why do I have to be so weak...'

I couldn't make out any words, I could only hear muffled voices.

I heard someone speak. "HERE WE HAVE THE DAUGHTER OF THE DISGRACED ULTEAR MILKOVICH!" The King...

They chained my hands above my head, I don't know where the top of the chains ended. I heard boos from the crowd... I couldn't do a thing...

"NOW WE SHALL HAVE HER BURN IN THE FIRE! LIKE ULTEAR DID TO OUR PAST SOLDIERS!" He yelled. Burned...

Just then fire lit up from the ground... This is it... I'm sorry I ran away mother, I now realize you were only protecting us... I'm sorry I got you into this Lyon, it's all my fault that you are probably hurting right now... Tears have fallen from my eyes without me knowing, and I couldn't wipe them away. Jellal... Thank you... Take care of Wendy...

I then felt something... Lyon was here... I know it... I know it's not the fire that's rising up to me trying to make me go insane... He's here, he's going to save me...

I closed my eyes... Lyon...

Lyon's P.O.V

I saw it, the fire sent below her, her face full of scars...

I have to get her out of here.

"We'll hold them off." Natsu said to me.

"Alright." I said.

I ran up to the fire Natsu and Gray behind me.

"STOP HIM!" The King yelled.

"We got you just keep going!" Gray yelled at me.

I went up to the fire. I saw her, in the smoke, she smiled, she's alive. She knows I'm in front of her. I need to find a sharp object, I look down to see a glass shard.

I picked it up, ran into the fire and smoke. It burned but I didn't care.

I cut the chains, she fell. I had drop the shard and caught her. I ran out of the fire.

"Thanks I knew you were here." She smiled, a light blush on her cheeks.

"Well I couldn't just leave you here to die." I said. "Now I need to teach these bastards a lesson."