24

Gem Anderson
Chapter 24| "It's her man. I think I have feelings for her."

🗓Plan#24🗓
Play soundtrack above

THE HALLS ARE DRESSED IN BLACK AND WHITE and the tiles are a checker board with humans as the pieces

THE HALLS ARE DRESSED IN BLACK AND WHITE and the tiles are a checker board with humans as the pieces. The whole building sends a chill down my spine and reminds me of something out of my nightmares.

I do not want to be here, I think and I wrap my arms around my chilled body; this is the last place I want to be. Unfortunately it is my fault I'm here, my doing, there is no going back now. Hesitantly I walk up to the door with the small twenty-one nailed above it, checking the papers in my hand as I do.

This is it, this is where my actions have lead me, I slowly open the door, which lets out a tired old groan as the hinges protest. Laughter sounds along the halls, joined with excited conversations and shouts.

Samantha and the girls were perch on the tables like exotic birds gossiping and giggling, a football fly's above their heads between Sam and Tyrese who were in varsity jackets parading their toned muscles.

Groups of high schoolers sit around the room laughing and causing all kinds of ruckus, all except one group that sit silently staring at laptop screens with massive headphones which appear to be permanently strapped to their heads. A breath of air brushes my ear; I follow the breeze and see a blue striped paper plane gracefully gliding through the air before sliding across the tiled hall to stop with its nose against the wall.

I so didn't want to be here. I so didn't want to see him. I never believed that something like this could ever happen to me; such a thing that would make me stop and look back at the events in horror. I watched as James came before me frowning. I rolled my eyes at him before giving him a fake smile.

"Hey.......are you okay?" He asked me concerned. I nodded my head slowly not wanting him to know that they both were hurting me. "Yeah, I'm fine thanks for asking," I said gathering up my notebooks. He nodded before rubbing the back of his head.

"You're welcome," He replied following me. Oh great. Turning around to face him in the corner of my eyes I saw Sam. "Don't worry about him Gem."

Sam's natural golden skin has sunken in tone to something, so lifeless it scares me just to look at him. His eyes close and he sucks himself into a deeper place to cope. All I can do is stare at his chocolate colored hair. It barely seems enough, yet his heart rate comes down almost twenty beats per minute.