3.

A/N I have been up since 6am with Parker as he decided he wasn't going back to sleep and I am so tired so I apologise if this chapter sucks as I was half asleep writing it.

A/A/N; can't believe I wrote this book so long ago. My little boy is now two and a half 😂

-------------

*1 week later*

Beth's P.O.V

I hadn't seen Dave or James since the meal last week. Their Dads funeral was yesterday and they're flying back here today from California.

I don't even know how he died or anything. I can only imagine the pain those brothers are going through right now.

Dave broke down in tears in the cab home and I didn't know what to do. I tried to hug him but he just pushed me away. I can understand, his dad died, but I just wanted to be there for him.
Whether he was Dave Franco or not, he didn't deserve to be left alone in such a horrible time.

"Beth, can you do me a favour and water the plants outside the front? I'll do the ones in the back garden" Mum shouted up to me. I quickly tied my hair up and put on my shoes then went to fill up the watering can.

As I headed outside a cab pulled up next door.

I'm guessing they're back.

James got out first raising his hand with a small wave which I smiled in return. Well at least he was still ok with me. But of course I was waiting to see Dave's reaction.

Then Dave got out, he looked up at me but his face was expressionless, if anything he looked guilty.

And then that's when this blonde climbed out of the car with him, holding his hand.

I felt as though someone had stabbed me in the heart. I don't know why, I mean we didn't actually kiss, I'm literally nothing to him other than his next door neighbour.

Dave mouthed "hi" to me and I gave him the smallest smile I could, that's if I could smile. My heart felt it was shattering. But what should I have expected, he's Dave Franco. He can have anyone he wants. He doesn't want me.

I finished watering the plants and stormed indoors quickly shutting the door behind me not taking any last looks at the two of them.

I rolled up my sleeve and looked at the time.

10am. Ugh I have college in an hour. I quickly sent a text to GiGi asking her to pick me up and began packing my bag for college.

Well if I can't have Dave Franco maybe I should settle for someone else. It's a new college year. You never know what will happen.

As I had a bit of time I let my hair down and straightened it the best I could and applied a bit of mascara.

*ding dong*

That'll be GiGi.

I headed downstairs with my bag, shouted goodbye to mum and headed for the car.

As we began to head to college GiGi spoke up.

"So have you seen them today?"

"Yeah"

"How did they look? Did they say anything?"

"No, James waved, that's it. Can we change the subject?"

"Oh, I like your hair today"

"Thought id mix it up for a change, wanted to look nice for once"