9.

Beth's P.O.V

"Promise me you'll call me everyday?" Dave asked.

I nodded as I pulled him in for one last hug before returning to Mum who was waiting in the car.

I waved as the car began to drive off and we headed towards the airport.

As I slouched back in my seat my phone buzzed.

Dave; I miss you already x

I smiled as I replied back and put my phone on the seat next to me.

"You looking forward to this? Just the two of us girls getting away for a bit" my mum said as she looked in the rear view mirror at me.

I nodded my head and smiled.

Of course I was looking forward to seeing LA. But I wish Dave was there with me.

The car journey seemed to last forever but we finally arrived at the airport.

I had my passport and suitcase with me as we walked towards the bit we were supposed to go.

I couldn't help but treat myself to a few goodies from Urban decay and River Island. Not to mention some snacks for the journey too.

As we boarded onto the plane I sat down looking out of the window imagining Dave to miraculously appear and jump on the plane with me.

But that didn't happen.

I sighed as the plane took off, then put on my earphones and listened to music.

Knew from the start,
You were trouble,
You played your part,
In the struggle,
I stood my ground,
This love had picked me up and dragged me down again.
United together we march through the rain,
The power and glory, the battle the pain,
Heading down victory lane,
Then oh my days,
Shot me down like a cannonball,
Got my bloodstains on you all,
Hope you found what you're looking for,
Cause all is fair in love and war-"

I was interrupted by my mum pulling out one of my earphones and putting it in hers.

"What are you listening to?" She asked as I rolled my eyes. I hate when people interrupt me listening to music.

Always love pretending I'm in a film with the music playing in the background.

"Love and War, by Lawson" I replied as I took the earphone back off her while she chuckled and got out her book.

I closed my eyes as I listened to the music yet again and imagined being back at home with Dave.

---------

I woke up to my mum shaking me to wake me up.

"We're here" she said with a smile. I smiled as I stood up and grabbed my bag as we headed off of the plane.

I stepped off the plane and the warm air hit me straight away.

This weather was amazing.

We finally arrived at the hotel we were staying at and I put my bag down on the bed before getting out my phone to ring Dave.

To my surprise he was already calling.

"Hey you" I answered.

"Man, it's so good to hear your voice again"

I giggled as I headed out onto the balcony.

"Dave, I've been gone less than 24 hours"

"I know, but I miss you, honestly I'm just hoping this week will go quick so we can hang out again"