Chapter 8

Aria's POV

"Okay, are you done talking yet?" I huffed in annoyance.

"Pardon?"

"Look, Fuyu. You've been going on and on about how your love for Bran is deeper than mine. Seriously, I get that. Don't profess your love for him to me. Just go and tell him straight up. I'm not interested."

"How dare you speak to me in that manner? Ugh, disgusting!" she frowned.

"So here's the plan. I'm going to have you dead and Bran's going to have a mental breakdown once he finds out about the news. Then, that will be the part where I step in to comfort him. A WHOLE NEW LOVE WILL BE BLOSSOMED. ISN'T THAT GREAT?!" she spun around and giggled; gleaming with excitement, "I wonder if my heart's be able to take on everything. Oh my god, he's going to be my first boyfriend and we're gonna do LOTTSSS of stuff together as a couple."

"Quit dreaming, Fuyu. What would Bran think of you since you're the one who got rid of me?" I got back on my feet as she still spun around. My eyes were then fixated on Aile's dead body, no signs of life in her eyes.

"That's true. Hmm, when that happens, I'll kill him. And of course, I'll kill myself afterwards. Love is just SOoOo crazy."

"You're the one who's crazy." I said as I grabbed some heavy books from the nearest book shelf and threw them at her but unfortunately, she dodged them all.

"Just. That. isn't. gonna. kill. me, Reizo Aria." She spat, "see that stationary blade on the counter? You should use that to kill me instead. Are you fucking dumb? Why does Bran even like someone like you. Gosh! This is so irritating!" she walked to the counter and flung the blade at me and I barely caught it.

"Yes, that's right. Use it on me. Fight me. Kill me."

'Just a few minutes ago, she said she wanted to kill me and now she wants me to kill her? Is she even in her right mind?' I thought.

"Look here, I don't kill and most of all, I don't want to end up like you." I gripped onto the razor blade, not wielding it.

"Okay, that's fine with me but... hey, don't complain that I didn't give you an opportunity to kill me off later on, okay?" she smiled with her eyes close and in an instant, she threw a small dagger towards me without much of an aim.

I ducked with my fast reflexes and tried to reach for the dagger that was then stuck to the wall but unfortunately, I couldn't as Fuyu came tackling me in the stomach; causing us both to fall to the floor.

She positioned herself on top of me and hit me in the head, but I was fast enough to retract my arms over my head to not leave any openings for her attacks.

"Why aren't you fighting back!? Why are you on defence!? Come on, FIGHT ME!"

As she slowed down, I was able to grab onto her hair and yanked them like my life depends on it. I bore my knifelike fingernails into her scalp and made her screeched, lost her balance and she fell aside.

My hands hastily made their way for the razor blade that slipped out of my grip during the tackle and squeezed the lever up. I'm not sure how I should use the blade on her though.

I let go of her hair and she rolled away from me, "OUCHH!!! I'VE SPENT LOTS OF MONEY ON MY HAIR!"

While at that, I just pointed the blade at her, in case she comes dashing at me again.

"Hey! Did you hear that? That's a loud ass scream and it's coming from that room." someone yelled from outside the library.

I was going to hide myself, but I was a step too late.

The door slid open and two boys entered. We then immediately locked eye contact.

"You're Aria!" one of them yelled and pointed his finger at me. I think his name was Ikomu.

"N-no, I'm not." I stammered.

'Damn, I shouldn't have introduced myself earlier.'

"Don't you lie to us! You were introduced as Aria earlier." he disputed back but Tadaomi held him back asking me, "Did you kill her?"

I knew who he was referring to. It was Aile, "No, it wasn't me. It's her, Fuyu." I then pointed at Fuyu who was still clutching her head with pain whilst lying on the ground.

"NO! STAY AWAY, ARIA! Aile and I have not done anything wrong to you so why did harm us?! WHY?" Fuyu cried.

"W-what? It wasn't me. It was her. Please believe m..." but my words were cut off by Tadaomi.

"That's enough. I'd seen enough..." he shook his head in disappointment, "go ahead and kill her, Damon."

'Damon? Who the fuck is that and where is he?' I trembled as I scanned the room once more. Where is he hiding?!

Just then, a short boy who was hiding behind Tadaomi and Ikomu all this time came to sight.

"That's Damon?!"

-- 12/12/18

Thanks for reading!