Chapter 1

Aria's POV

'Expect the unexpected, Aria...

Life is like a book already written,

No matter what you do, the ending would be the same.

Prepare yourself...

Something gruesome is bound to happen in your life.

Prepare yourself, Aria...

Watch your back.'

--

In the midst of the dream, I jolted up awake; panting with sweat gliding down my skin.

"That was the fourth time this week!" I hissed but felt scared, nonetheless.

"What's going to happen to me?" I ran my hand through my hair, disheveling it in distress.

RING!!!

I flinched at my vibrating phone. With my heart still palpitating, I grabbed it and read an unknown number on the screen.

"Who in the world would call me so early in the morning?" I grumbled and ignored the call; trying to calm my racing heart down.

Several minutes later, I heard my door being aggressively knocked onto and being the sensitive kid that I am,

"WHAT?!" I shouted out in annoyance thinking that it was my little brother.

There was no response and the knocking stopped.

"Lil' shit." I fell back onto my bed and at the same time, my alarm clock rang; its leg pointing at six sharp.

'Why do I have a feeling that something bad is about to happen later?' I thought.

My heart couldn't seem to chill, and I have this heavy feeling that making me all uncomfortable.

I shrugged it off and dragged myself out of bed; heading to the bathroom and carried out my morning routine.

Once done, I went downstairs to find no one there.

'Oh, mom is still asleep.' I sighed and took out a piece of paper from my bag.

'To mom,

I'll be heading out early today because of my club activities. As you already know, I'll be staying over at Rinn's place so see you tomorrow!' I wrote and set out to school.

I reached school at around seven and the place was literally empty. There wasn't any sight of students. Impossible.

Usually, there would be at least one or two groups of students wandering around even though school starts at half past eight.

But there just weren't any today.

Once again, I shrugged it off, not thinking deeply about it.

'Now that I think of it. My school does look like a prison or something but maybe that's just my point of view?' I mused, 'But, who could've called me just now and where was my brother? He did tell me that he'll be up early to meet his friends. Oh lord, was it even him who knocked onto my door? What if it's a ghost? But I don't believe in ghosts. Gosh, this is wrecking my brain. Why am I overthinking? I shouldn't be thinking this much early in the damn morning.'

"Aria!" someone called, interrupting my mindless thoughts.

"Oh, Bran. It's just you." I let out a shaky breath. He then caught up to me and walked alongside.

"Yeah, so... where's everyone? There's literally no one when I got here until I saw you." he spoke.

"No idea. But for now, I'm going to my class. I left my bottle there."

"Again? You're lucky they never go missing on you."

"They just love me."

"Sure."

He then followed me there and waited outside of the classroom as I entered.

The classroom was dimly lit as the sun slowly rose but there was a dark presence that caught me off guard since I wasn't expecting any of my classmates to be here this early.

*Creaks*

I heard the sound of a rocking chair and someone mumbling to oneself.

I couldn't bring myself to call for Bran. I mean nothing will go wrong... right?

I made way to the light switch and switched the lights on.

There, at the corner of the classroom, sat a guy in a squatting position. He's wearing our school uniform and I don't think I have seen him before.

I blinked a few more times; adjusting my eyes to the bright light and I froze because...

He was holding a knife in his hand.

"Hahahahahaha..." he began to laugh, playing with the knife. Fuck this shit, I'm out of here.

"HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!"

I took a step back, about to run my ass off, but someone held me down; chairs were pushed aside.

I tried to push the person off of me, but I was in no strength to do so as he buried a damp cloth over my mouth and nose; blocking my airway.

I was then starting to lose conscious.

"ARIA? What's with all the commotion?" I heard Bran sliding the door open, wanting to come in.

'No, don't!'

I was not able to warn him. As soon as he got in, another guy gave a hard bash to his head; causing him to collapse.

'Damn it...'

With that, my vision turned black.

-- 7/12/18

Thanks for reading!