Commercial Break - Meaning Behind the Work [Important!!! Please Read]

[ 6_6] - Hey educated readers... I'd like to take a second to discuss why and where this phenomenal idea derived. It all started with the crazy amount of super storms we've been having...the hurricanes and the tsunamis... with the health of our world dissolving the weather is slowly becoming worse.  Hot winters and Cool summers.... I live in Virginia and it was in the 60s the day before Christmas.  Hurricane Katrina wasn't the only disaster I will use this story to talk about.... Look at the earthquake in Japan and I'm still praying for Haiti.

Let's start with this....

This is an act of Fiction and is meant to inspire and instill strength in those who glance beyond these lines. My hope is not to ride the coattails of a horrible tragedy in any form. This is written with the intention of lending imagination and creativity to those who are still surviving. I pray that you find happiness and continue to strive to live free.”

- JF. Lohr

[These are words ripped from my own heart... - [ ~_~] ]

You've seen these words at the start of the story and I can't express how I feel about the sheer lack of government presence within the situation. I watched just as many of you did and from the comfort of a living room while people watched their loved ones drift away, drown etc. While the storm was raging outside there was turmoil inside as well. During the storm many of these "refugees-as they were being called" experienced violent acts-rape and murder. Others who could not take care of themselves became victims of neglect. Every death (to me) rests on the heads of those who failed to act before the five to six day mark. Government officials should have been preparing before the storm hit. The warnings were clear and reacted horribly. Which is why the book ends the way it does...with the government looking like villains. Which a lot of them are.

I wish i could have gave more, I wish i could have offered my time...because I have family who live in Florida. My mother, brother and baby sister... I could have easily been touched by this storm. The odds were in no ones favor. I am a writer or at least I aspire to be...the best I can do is write. I will push for this book to reach publication. This work has already been placed on request and as soon as it is finished and edited it will be sent. If you wanna know more head here...

http://hurricanekatrinarelief.com/

There are tons of sites and lots still going on. Anyway check out the video by Linkin Park...The Little Things Give You Away. It was written to remind the Bureaucrats because I bet by now they've forgotten. - [ >_<]

[fan of linkin park BTW - read on! oh and NERD HARDER. ]