The Girl Who Claimed Lightning - Alicia Summers [part 3]

( [^_^ ] - my first part 3 ever....I'm trying to split it up but still keep to my focus to deliver the story from full POVs. yes it's not edited. I hope you guys see all the effort I'm pushing into this here. )

[NEAR THE WELCOME CENTER IN ALBUQUERQUE]

Albuquerque?  I wasn’t positive I could even spell Albuquerque as I typed it in on my cell phones version of the Google Maps app.  How many miles did I travel?  Sitting in front of the welcome center on a bench, in a sports bra made me the center of attention when a truck full of younger guys rolled up.  Two of the boys hopped out of the cab and the last leaped from the bed.  The driver was a white male with a rugged box jaw, a definite pretty boy, was the first to notice me as I stood up and attempted to make an exit. 

“Excuse me?” He called quickly before I could hit the corner of the building.

I slowed my roll and glanced back at him over my shoulder as I continued to use my shirt to clean my hair, “Me?”

He shot me a cute dimpled smile as he swaggered over, “Just wondering if you needed a ride somewhere?”

“No thanx, I’m fine-just waiting on some friends.” I said trying to continue on my way.  

His equally hunk-ish brown skinned partner in crime stepped forward, “What-you run out of shampoo?”

I rolled my eyes, “Jerks.” 

He attempted to come closer as I turned and walked away. 

“Wait!” An honest sounding voice called out to me.

I lowered my shirt and glanced over to the truck and there next to the hood was a handsome Asian male, complete with bad ass ponytail action.  For some unforeseen reason or another I dig ponytails and the strong silent types.  He walked over and approached me boldly. 

“Are you sure you don’t need a lift somewhere-or even a place to clean up?  Our hotel is a stone throw up the road.”  He smiled as I scrunched my face up, “No need to worry, we’ll be on our best behavior.  I promise nothing will happen to you.”  

I laughed, “I know you’re desperate ta keep conversation open between us but saying you promise I’ll be safe ain’t the way to invite me to trustchu-for future reference.”

He nodded, “I’ll keep that in mind.  I was just asking because Sham’s girl Gwen is back at the room and I figured once you got there you’d see her and the safety thing would be validated.”

“Which one of you is Sham?” I projected the question to the other two cronies.

“Yo,” His brown skinned friend raised his hand as he and the box jawed driver walked inside the gift shop.

“We decided to take a road trip since we missed Spring Break.  By the way, my name is Cana.” He extended his hand.     

“Cana-you mean like Canada?”

“No, not like Canada.” He smirked.

 “Shampoo and Canada…can’t wait to hear the other guy’s name.”

“Eric.” 

“That was disappointing.” I muttered.

“You don’t look like you’re from around here.”

I smiled, “I could say the same aboutchu- Japanese?”

“Hai!  That’s pretty good-on the first try too.  I get Korean a lot” He blushed. “So do you speak Japanese?”

I paused.

“What’s wrong?”

“You blushed.”