Chapter 8 - Getting to Know Each Other

We went for a joyride.

Paikot-ikot sa labas ng campus habang patuloy sya sa pag-iyak sa balikat ko.

When I felt her calm down, I decided to park in a nearby cake shop.

I ordered us black forest and cafe mocha.

"Are you okay now?" I asked.

She nodded, "Thanks. You've been a big help. I should pay for the gas wasted. Haha."pero alam ko naman na hindi talaga sya okay.

"Haha, gas lang yun. Mas maraming luha ata yung naubos sa'yo. Common, eat some. Sabe nila chocolate is the best way to calm your senses." I handed her the fork.

"Jeth, I really appreciate your presence today. Hindi ko alam kung ano nangyari sa'ken if you weren't there." she said while playing with the cake using the fork I handed her.

"If there's anyway that I can help, I would be more than happy to help." I am tempted to hold her hand but I knew it would be taking advantage of her current state.

"I want to get even. He fooled me a lot of times. I know he's your cousin pero I am telling you Jeth, if there's anyway that I could get even, I'd gladly do it." she said in gritted teeth.

"Yea, he's my cousin. But I was never in-favor of his womanizer attitude. But, Jill, I am telling you, there's no use in taking revenge." I tried to sound casual. I don't want her to think na kinakampihan ko si Brent but I don't want her to conclude na pabor ako sa mga katarantad*han ng pinsan ko.

"I'll find a way to teach him his lesson. I feel obliged dahil sa kabila ng lahat hindi ko nagawang ipaintinding mali ang ginagawa nya sa mga babae."

+++

That's the start.

I started seeing Jill every now and then. I was contented just listening to all her rants about Brent.

Sadly, lahat ng pakikipagkita ko sa kanya patago. Hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan ko pwedeng ilihim sa tropa ang new found closeness namin ni Jillian.

Si Brent? Parang walang nangyari. After the "walk-way" incident sa pagitan nila ni Jillian, dumerecho daw sa klase at pumasok na parang walang nangyari. While I pretended that I went I wasn't feeling well that day and had to go home.

Wala namang nagtanong. Balik sa normal si Brent at ang tropa. Aside from me who would always find excuse to leave and meet with Jillian secretly.

I get to know her better. She's definitely sweet and caring. Gag* si Brent na nagawa pang saktan ang ganitong klase ng babae!

Naikwento nya rin sa akin ang parents nya and her only brother who is already living in Singapore with his own family.

Masayang kasama si Jillian and I have to admit, yung nililihim kong feelings sa kanya ay lalong lumalalim sa pagdaan ng mga araw.

Pero sabi nga nila, walang lihim ang hindi nabubunyag.

*to be continued...