Chapter 3: Holding On

Jason's POV

I sat on the bed, going through my Instagram and other social networks. It was around 9:45, and Destiny has already gone to sleep. Mitch was on the other bed, probably texting Nicole, I got up and told him I'm going to go grab a bite before bed. I earned a laugh from him before I walked to the nearest Starbucks.

When I walked in, the smell of coffee and cookies filled my nose. I looked around just to see if anyone recognized me; I secretly hoped no one would. Don't get me wrong I love my fans, but it's nice to have some peace and quiet sometimes.

"Ahh! That's Jason!" Someone yelled behind me.

My glance flicked from the chocolate chip cookies to the girl in front of me, shoving a pen and paper into my face. I smiled....sort of as she took the picture, thank me and left.

Finally, she's gone and no one else seemed to give a damn. I ordered my drink, a chocolate chip cookie, and a muffin for Mitch before walking out of the coffee shop. But as I rounded the corner, a huge crowd of fans ran in my direction, and there was soon a huge crowd around me. I sighed and tried signing and taking photos with fans before they left me alone and I got to return to the hotel. I'm guessing all those fans are probably here for MineCon.

I went up the elevator and swiped the card for the hotel room. I fell against the bed after giving Mitch his muffin and placing my food/drink on the bedside table.

"What took you so long?" Mitch asked, not looking up from his phone.

"There was this huge crowd, and they wouldn't go away." I said.

I went back on my phone and looking at the one picture Destiny and I took. I don't know why, but she made me feel comfortable; even though she hates MineCraft... And us...?

Mitch suddenly looked up and stared at me. "Destiny's sick; Nicole said her eyes is all puffy, she won't stop coughing/sneezing, and sometimes she feels like she's about to faint."

I looked at him, wide eyed. I grabbed a random sweater and dashed out of the room;followed closely behind by Mitch. We ran through the crowd of people trying to get our photos and signature, I didn't care about them at this moment!
Wait, what is Destiny doing to me? We've barely met for a day, and she already has this kind of influence on me? No- I can't let my guard down yet for this girl.

When we got to their hotel door, I knocked, as silently as the situation that was going through my head would let me. I sighed in relief to see Destiny sitting up and still breathing; but she was sick for sure.

"How are you...feeling?" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Did you run here?" She glanced at Mitch and I.

I nodded, and a faint smile was on her face.

"It was just a little fever, you guys didn't have to." Destiny looked over at Mitch; who was sitting on Nicole's bed.

"It's not a little fever." I sighed and made her lay down.

"This always happened back in Montreal, don't be so worried, Mom." Destiny smiled. "I'll be better in the morning."
I smiled back and checked the time. 11:36pm.

"We should crash here tonight, Mitch." I said.

I was worried about Destiny and wanted to be here in case anything bad happens.
I grabbed the extra blanket on Destiny's bed she brought back from Montreal and went to sleep on the floor beside Destiny's bed. This will be one uncomfortable night... As, Mitch crashed next to Nicole's bed.
Then, I fell asleep...