Chapter 17: Jealousy Hurts

Jason's POV

Destiny was finally released from the hospital a week later. And let me tell you, I will never ever call an ambulance when I'm near BridalWood Hospital. They've threatened to take Destiny off life support after she was in coma for 2 weeks... It was a miracle she woke up in a week...

Now, we're on the couch talking about the whole moving situation, and how we're going to somehow get Snowball to LA. Destiny sat on my lap, leaning her head against my chest and matched her breathing with mine. I chuckled silently at myself. Then frowned. She deserves someone who can love her.

 "Jason-" Destiny was cut off by the sound of knocking at the door. That's been happening quite often now a days...

Destiny slid over to the other cushion and I stood up, opening the door. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I realized who it was...

"Amber...?" I said, stunned. Amber was my 1st grade crush or something, but she rejected me every time I asked her out throughout middle school and freshmen year of high school.

"Jason!" Amber wrapped her arms around me, landing a soft kiss on my lips. I pushed her away, slightly.

"Hi, I'm Destiny." Destiny smiled and extended her arm out.

 "Amber." Amber replied, shaking Destiny's hand. But she gave a disgusted face at Destiny. Destiny's face become unreadable after that and she just walked away...

"Why don't we catch up on a few things?" Amber smiled and tugged on my arm. I guess...?

Destiny will probably get the message and move on... My throat clenched and I felt like no air was coming in, but I agreed to Amber anyways.

We rode around for a couple hours before we went home.

Immediately, I walked into the kitchen to get a drink while Amber went to go see Destiny. I smiled. At least she's trying to get along with her...

As I was about to exit the kitchen, I heard a smash and glass shatter everywhere. Amber was screaming. I rushed into the room to see Destiny soaked with some sort of vodka smell and glass all shattered around her.

"Jason!" Amber yelled and wrapped her arms around me. "She's drunk! She threatened to smash the bottle over herself and frame me!"

I looked at Destiny in disbelief. I sent Amber to the living room and knelt down in front of the alarmed and scared Destiny in the corner.

"Is this true?" I asked. I didn't dare touch her. Why would she try something like this?!

Destiny nodded.

 "Why?" I asked.

"I was jealous." She whispered. Tears rushed down her face and she leaned in to hug me, but I stepped back. A hint of pain flashed through her eyes but she fell silent after that.

I walked out of Destiny's room, slamming the door and going over to Amber.

"We should find you a hotel so she won't hurt you anymore." I said.

"What about you?" Amber asked.

"I'll stay for a few nights, then I'm going back to LA. Don't worry, okay?" I kissed her forehead and walked out to find a hotel with her...

'I've moved on, Destiny. You have fun finding someone who can love your crazed jealousy personality...' I thought.