Chapter 8: The Past

Jason’s POV

   I woke up to a knock on the door, but the knock was soft and quiet, so it couldn't be the guys. I looked over and saw Mitch was still sleeping, so I got up and opened the door.

"Why are you here so early? And where's Nicole?" I asked, looking down at Destiny.

Destiny frowned. "It's 11:30am and Nicole went out to Starbucks to get us breakfast."

When I reached out and touched Destiny, pulling her into a hug, she was awfully cold. Her head relaxed against me, and she just seemed so weak at the moment.

"Is everything alright?" I whispered, pulling her inside and closing the door.

Destiny nodded. I sat on the bed and pulled her into my lap, making her back press against my chest. She grabbed my iPhone off the bedside table and took a photo.
Then, she went on IG and posted it.

'I'm your universe and you're my star. ~Destiny' she wrote in the caption.

Almost instantly, people were commenting: 'are you guys together?' '#Dason' '#Jestiny' 'SHIP TIME' and other things.
I laughed softly and commented back on a few people... I can't fall for a broken girl like her... I kept telling myself. But my heart wouldn't agree.

2nd day at Minecon, another day of signing and meeting all my lovely stars.

"Should we get any souvenirs for Ella and Rain?" I heard Destiny whisper to Nicole as I signed a kid's diamond pickaxe.
"I guess, but we'll have to do it tonight. We're leaving soon..." Nicole whispered back. "They... They don't need to know when we're leaving.

"What do you mean? They don't care, we're just random fangirl and girl who just so happened to bump into them on the plane." Destiny said.

 "Do any of you guys want anything to eat?" Nicole finally spoke above a whisper.

"Yes, please." All the guys said. They are so fat, I joked to myself.

"I'm good." I told Nicole. Destiny looked at me funny. She walked over and knelt down beside my chair.

"You may be here for a while, you're going to starve." Destiny frowned.

"I'm good." I repeated.

"But-"

"I said I'm good!" I pushed my chair back. Destiny looked at me silently and nodded.

"I didn't mean to..." I tried reaching for her arm, but my hand just seemed to slip through.

I watched as Nicole and she walked away. While Nicole spoke, Destiny listened, but no words came out of that mouth of hers.

"Dood, what happened?" Mitch asked, walking over to me.

I pushed the guys aside and walked away from the booth. What have I just done to the girl I could possibly be falling for? I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh.

"I know you can't resist the food..." I turned around to see Destiny standing there with a cup of soda and a box of something...

"Destiny-"

"I don't need you to explain. Tomorrow I'm getting on that plane and you won't need to deal with me anymore."

I grabbed her arm tightly; she's not going anywhere any time soon. "Why are we fighting about this?"

 Destiny frowned. "Why aren't we? Jason, we have nothing in common. You dedicate your life to Minecraft, I hate Minecraft. You have a family, I have no family. You are amazingly rich, I've worked so hard for my whole schooling year to get a scholarship to college. You don't know how it feels to cry yourself to sleep every night when no one’s looking, I do."

I sighed and pulled her close to me. "Is that why they say, 'opposites attract?'"

Destiny pushed me away. "Stop..." Then, she ran away. Into the crowd of people. I can't help but think she's going to go back into depression because of me. But I have to stay in Minecon, I can't leave...

I walked back to the booth and sat back down.

"Where's Destiny?" Nicole asked.

"I don't know, she ran off." I placed my head in my hands, ashamed. I just lost... Her.

"IUhh....is there a forest nearby?" She asked.

 I shrugged. Who knows?!

"It's around the corner." Adam stated. "You can't miss it."

"Meet me there in 10 minutes when Minecon is closed. Trust me." Then, she took off too.

I sighed. What was she talking about? She sounds crazy.

"Oh my God, Jason!!" Some girl squealed in front of me. I remembered the day I met Destiny and Nicole on the plane.

The guys and I signed a bunch more stuff before Minecon was closed. Jerome and Adam decided to go back to the hotel, then we can meet up later for dinner or something.

While Mitch and I followed the directions of what Adam had told us to the forest... Forest?

I saw Nicole standing there, tears dripping down her face. She... Destiny?!

I ran up to her with Mitch following behind me, and when I saw what Nicole was looking at, I nearly cried as well. Destiny was cutting. I have never seen that knife in her hands, and I've never seen a cut so deep.

"She hasn't done that in 5 years! I thought I told her to stop!" Nicole exclaimed and ran towards Destiny.

"Come on, let’s go home." Mitch pulling Nicole towards him and hugging her close, glancing at Destiny, but not saying anything.

"Destiny..." I heard Nicole whispered before she and Mitch were out of earshot.

I pulled the knife away from Destiny. But she just touched the cuts, making them bleed even more. Destiny yelped in pain, but continued.

"Stop, please..." I whispered, sensing the pain in my heart. "Please!"

Destiny looked up at me, her eyes swollen, and tears falling uncontrollably. "It hurts..."

I sat down, leaning my back against the tree, and picked her up, placing her in my lap. I shook my head and frowned at Destiny.

"This is all my fault. Please don't ever blame yourself..." I cried, tears dripping down my cheeks.
Through my unclear vision, I could see Destiny looking at me. She reached up and wiped my tears away gently...