Chapter 31: Dull, Painful Lies

Destiny's POV

My eyes fluttered open to find that all that has happened lately wasn't a nightmare; but my actual life. Jason didn't want me anymore, and I was stuck in Sean's cage for who knows how long? The cell was like any other prison cell; grey, dark, and full of dismay. You couldn't see anything... What did I do to get myself into this mess? Become involved with that guy, my mind reminded me. I sighed and curled up in the corner, waiting for the moment that Jason would wake up...

Later that day, Sean came downstairs to give Jason and I a quick visit. But Jason had yet to wake up. 

"Hey," Sean humourlessly threw his arms on my waist, pulling me for a hug. I could smell the fresh cologne on him but I was disgusted. A man like him has kidnapped a huge number of people, and this is how he acts? As if his whole life isn't a complete lie?! Disgusting...

Sean and I spoke about when I would be able to leave, and how I was going to be granted that freedom. Such an easy task, but it could change my life forever. What did I have to do, you may ask? I had to kidnap Nicole and bring her back here to be held hostage...

I sighed and shook my head, walking back towards my corner. What kind of inconsiderate man is Sean? How could he do this? Questions after questions after questions! 

I rubbed my face with my hand, slowly clearing my face of any blood. Sean has beaten me like a slave, and I'm pretty sure I'm beat up badly by now... I held my head with my hands. My hair was drenched in blood and I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes were nearly swollen shut and I just laid there... day and night trying to find a way to just end it all. Sean walked out of the cell and slammed the door shut. I flinched.

But later that day, Sean came back. And he wasn't happy. 

"God damn you to Hell, Destiny!" Sean yelled, smacking me across the head with a hammer. I held my hands against my head, trying to make it all go away! Make it stop... Please. Why hasn't Jason woken up yet...?

"I'm sorry..." I said sadly. 

"Better be." Sean huffed and walked away. Bipolar dude much?

I glanced over to where Jason had slept that night. And thought about why he hasn't woken. Maybe he's tired... 

***

But he never did...