Chapter 12: Dragged Away

Destiny's POV

I got off my plane, walking back into the cold and windy day of Montreal. It had recently snowed; the whole entire city was blanketed with snow.
I waited outside as my friends Ella and Rain came to pick me up. Then, I got a text from Jason.

'Nicole's in the hospital due to assault by some guy. Why the fuck aren't you here?'

I put my phone away and looked up as Ella and Rain pulled up. I put my luggage in the trunk of her Toyota and got into the back.

"Hey! How was Florida?" Ella asked.

"Horrible. I don't even want to go back." I frowned.

“Who was the Jason guy you posted a picture with on Instagram?" Rain smirked and looked back.

"He's the Jason guy from Team Crafted." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh gosh!!" Ella and Rain said in unison.

"Destiny's got a crush!" Rain teased.

I frowned and looked out the window. "He and I are in a fight; I don't really want to talk about it."

I ignored their other comments and questions as Ella drove. I watched as the beautiful sun set...

When Ella got to the entrance of my apartment, I snapped back into reality and thanked Ella for the ride before going to the back and grabbing my luggage.

"Snowball's upstairs, by the way." Rain smiled and waved bye as I entered the building.

The lobby was empty, and I was so grateful for that. Until I heard footsteps behind me... As I walked forward, the footsteps followed, and when I stopped, the footsteps stopped.

I closed my eyes and pressed the elevator button, but not before my hand was pushed away. I turned around to come face to face with the boy who goes around the apartment forcing girls to date him. He pressed my back into the elevator button and grabbed my waist, placing his lips almost on mine. It was sort of like he was teasing me.

"I'm so glad you're back." He whispered, seductively.

I almost gagged at how well he was doing this. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes, but refused to fall. I don't cry... Not since my parents died.

"Come on, we're going to come to my apartment." Sean, I think it was the boy’s name, whispered into my ear. And pushed me into the open elevator.

I couldn't scream... My voice wouldn't let me. And if I were to, who would save me? Jason's all the way in Florida with Nicole. I bet Jason wouldn't save me anyways; he thinks I've killed his best friend's ex-girlfriend.

I watched as every floor increased as we stood in the elevator. Then, it hit me. He's not holding me, he hasn't tied my hands together... Yet. Knock on wood. I can escape.

When the elevator landed on the 12th floor, Sean got out. I followed behind him, then, when he wasn't looking, I ran. I ran towards the stairs and down to the 9th floor, unlocking my door and locking it as I got in. I fell against the door and was greeted by mine and Nicole's cat, Snowball. She was a grey and white American shorthair.

I pet her and pulled her close to me. I felt safe with her. When I was on the streets, I had a cat that I named Mr. Whiskers. He would come to the alley I stayed in everyday... Until one day, he left while I was asleep and got run over by a car. I was heartbroken... But then, Nicole, on my 17th birthday, she got me Snowball.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on the door behind me. I quickly wiped away my tears and opened the door. 

"Jason...?" I whispered.