Chapter 16: Tears and Bloodshed

Adam's POV

I was sitting in my room, editing a video when I heard a shout coming from downstairs. I was about to go and see what happened but I got a phone call from Jason.

 "Jason, what's up?" I asked.

"I called you like 5 times, where have you been?!" Jason asked urgently.

"What? I didn't hear any calls..." I checked my phone and there was 7 missed calls from Jason.

"Uhhh, so... Destiny got stabbed by this crazy guy in her apartment and I'm not sure if she'll live. I couldn't tell Nicole the details or she might freak out. Adam, I'm so worried about Destiny... What if she doesn't make it?" Jason asked me.

We talked for a good 10 minutes and he told me all the details about what had happened. Then he told me in a rush that he had to go, I said bye and then rushed downstairs.

 Mitch stood there in with a dazed and pained look on his face. I hurriedly told him exactly what Jason had told me and before I could say anything else, Mitch rushed upstairs. I shrugged, it was probably to comfort Nicole or something. I went back to my room and resumed editing.

 I heard yelling from my room again, so naturally, I got up and walked to Jerome's room; where I heard the yelling from. I opened the door to see Jerome knocked out against the wall and Nicole standing there, passing out as well. I ran towards her just as she was about to fall on the ground.

"Mitch, what the fuck?!" I growled, placing Nicole on the bed. I walked over to Jerome and laid him down on the floor, scared that if I were to lift him up elsewhere, something bad would happen to him.

"I...I..." Mitch stuttered. Small, barely noticeable tears dripped down his cheek as he looked down at the people he loved...

"Go to your room or take a walk. I'll take care of them." I clasped my hand on Mitch's shoulder and nodded; my mouth drawing a thin line.

Mitch nodded and walked out, hands shoved in his pockets, head down. I walked back into my room, waiting for them to wake up.
Throughout the 2-3 hours of waiting for Nicole and Jerome to wake up, Jason had called once again checking up on us.
I turned off my Netflix and walked into Jerome's room to see both of them on the bed, talking it out as Jerome comforted the crying Nicole.

"W-wh-whe...where's Mitch?" Nicole wiped her tears away.
I shook my head and patted her arm. Jerome looked up at me, a hint of sadness flashed in his eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile and tried cheering them up with a little TV.

"I think I'm going to go to bed." Nicole whispered as she walked out of the room.

"I want to be alone..." Jerome pushed me out of the room.
I went back to my room and crawled into bed. Gosh, what has happened to our lives?

A few days later, Nicole, Jerome, and I went out for breakfast in a nearby diner. Mitch hasn't returned and we just guessed that he wants to be alone for a bit longer.

"How many?" The waitress smiled politely as we entered.
"3." I replied. I turned my head towards the 2 behind me. They were both talking and laughing; how it used to be.

"This way." The waitress said, leading us to the table. I thanked her and sat down next to Jerome in a booth.

We spoke and ate for an hour or so before I got a phone call from an unfamiliar number.

"Hello, Adam?" Someone said.

"Yes?" I asked.

       "This is the BridalWood Hospital, Dawn's body has disappeared and we're trying to discover where it had went." The person on the other end cleared their throat before continuing. "We are so sorry."

      Then, they hung up. What kind of hospital calls someone by their first name? Dawn was sent to the Grace Light hospital as well... And, how could a hospital just lose a body?

There's something wrong with this phone call...