Chapter VII. The Calling

Munetaka untied the trash bag and pulled up Kenji from it to put him into a kneeling position, due to his father's house being Japanese-styled. Then he removed the gag and the blindfold, but he left the ropes in to avoid his escape.

Then, the chloroform's effect over Kenji wore off. He was moving and trying to stretch as he woke up, but he couldn't because of being tied with ropes. Then yawned.

After waking up, it took one minute to realize that he was in a different place.

"What? Where am I? How did I went here?" Kenji asked, confused.

"Oh great, we were waiting for you to wake up, sleepyhead, you had us impatient," sneered Munetaka.

"Munetaka?" Kenji asked, scared. "Why am I here? For what did you bring me here?" Kenji asked again, about to freak out.

"That doesn't matter, Kenji. But this is part of the important thing I have asked you," said Munetaka, with a creepy glare.

"You don't say, it's the thing I saw in the scribbles, isn't it?"

Munetaka slapped him hard in the face, so it left a red mark on his face.

"Scribbles? What do you think? You say that my well-elaborated sketches for the plan are nothing more than mere scribbles to you?! What happens with you?!" Munetaka yelled at him, furious.

"Son, don't get off the topic," scolded Akinobu in a calm manner.

"Thanks, father," replied Munetaka. "As I said, you must do something important for me and my father, and that's the reason of why you were called," he added, still angered at Kenji's words.

"Why me?" Kenji asked, still confused.

"If you ask, then it's better for you to not know it," answered Munetaka, and leaving the room.

"You will not get out of here so easy," taunted Akinobu. "Do as we say, and you will be freed from here, you traitor," he added. "Or otherwise..."

Akinobu then took out an artifact, that looked like a handle of those used on bombs.

"You have a C-4 bomb around your hip," he said,

Kenji pulled up his shirt to his chest. It was where his belt should be, and it was secured.

"So, if you see the explosives and the detonator, take them as a warning," Akinobu said.

Kenji simply nodded.

"Well, your work begins tomorrow morning." said Akinobu.

Akinobu was an old man, but he was scary and he knew how to put everyone just where he wanted, because he learned it from the Yakuza, but then he was sent to USA with his wife Ayame, while she was pregnant. Five years after giving birth to Munetaka, a group of racist criminals killed her in front of Akinobu, and due to the anti-Japanese propaganda that spawned from Pearl Harbor, no one would help him, or worse. That led him to hate America.

"At last, my son, we will have our revenge," snickered Akinobu, grinning in victory.

"But we must be careful, or this dork could snitch us out. One single word and they send us to jail if he has at least a small chance," replied Munetaka, pointing at Kenji.

"The boy will not say anything after the warning I gave him," said Akinobu, confident. "Now we have to rest,"

"And what about the plan?" Munetaka asked.

"We will start tomorrow morning," replied Akinobu. "For sure,"

"Well then," Munetaka replied.

Then they went to sleep, leaving Kenji alone, crying and despairing silently until sleep.

At next day, they woke Kenji up.

"Wake up, idiot," Munetaka shook him up and down until he woke up.

Kenji groaned as Munetaka lifted him, untied his hands to lead him to the living room and gave him his laptop.

"Now it's the day," Munetaka grinned.
"Now make us an affiche, and make it related to anime." Munetaka ordered. "And no whines! You know what will happen to you..." Munetaka threatened coldly.

Kenji gulped and a tear flowed on his face. He was trembling and feeling his stomach turned into knots. He knew that if he doesn't do as they say, he will be killed. And without any complaint, he put to work. When the computer finished booting, he opened the Photoshop. And thought,
Anime-related affiches... Why did he say so? He wants to attract anime fans to do his purposes, doesn't he?

Around one minute and a half later thinking of that, he took out his portable Wi-Fi antenna, and opened Google.

Meanwhile, Munetaka and his father were out in the backyard discussing about the gathering place. Munetaka suggested the Hospitality Lane, but Akinobu feared that somone other than Kenji would call the police if they went there, and he suggested the Roadlight center instead, given it had a multipurpose hall for every type of event, and some of their comrades work there, and they would save any cents. After thinking a while, Munetaka agreed.

They went back inside to see Kenji's progress. Munetaka saw it and said, "Not bad. Just lacks a bit of words..."

"Do you mean the description?" Kenji asked, still feeling a knot on his stomach.

"Yes," he grinned. "And I have an idea to which it will be," he added.

After saying this, he began dictating the description, place and hour of the event to Kenji. Twenty minutes later, they finished. Munetaka then asked,

"Do you carry the printer?"

Kenji nodded yes. "In my baggage," he added, trembling

Munetaka unzipped the baggage, and took it out. Then Kenji asked, "Do you have a plug?"

Then Akinobu remembered an extension cord he stole in Shinjuku to choke people. Then they plugged the printer.

Then Munetaka took out several packages of blank paper sheets from a bag and handed them to Kenji.

"Now print 100 copies and cut out each affiche," Munetaka ordered.

Kenji complied inmediately, but his fear impeded him. Munetaka ordered to start over again, but the same occurred. Until he lost his patience and glared at him. Then they ended with 300 affiches, which were handed to the young passers-by in the streets.