Meeting His Mate

Klaus looked around, unsure of how this had happened. He should be running away from Mikael right now, trying to keep him from finding the white oak stake and hurting his siblings, but somehow he was walking through a creepy forest, with an 18 year old girl attached to his arm…what has come of his life?

As he was lost in his thoughts, he felt himself nearly fall over at the scent that assaulted his nostrils. It was wonderful, amazing, it was what he believed happiness would smell like. Then he heard it…her voice. “It looks like you ran afoul of something with wicked claws…” Her voice was like bells, beautiful and harmonious, and he knew…he had finally found his mate, yet he found himself terrified to turn around, after everything he’s seen here, what could she be like? As he spun around, he gasped, she materialized right in front of him, the first thing he saw was her smile…clearly painted on though it was, it was convincing. He thought since the smile was clearly fake the ears and tail must be too, until of course her ear twitched and she started swinging her tail. Her big blue eyes, like cats eye found him, inspecting him, and he watched her grin beneath the makeup. Realizing she approved of what she saw made his ego grow 3 sizes.

“But I’m still dreaming.” Alice spoke, breaking them both out of their stare down.

“What did that to you?” She questioned, curiously.

“Banoo—Bandaa”

“The Bandersnatch? Well, I’d better have a look.” Klaus jumped as she suddenly disappeared, reappearing next to Alice…well…her head did anyway.

“What are you doing?” Alice asked cautiously, holding Klaus tighter, making his little mate glare at their arms, and him pull himself away.

“It needs to be purified by someone with evaporating skills or it will fester and putrefy.” She stated as if it was no big deal as her head rolled over, and her body showed back up.

“I’d rather you didn’t, I’ll be fine as soon as I wake up.”

“At least let me bind it for you.” She wrapped a cloth around Alice’s arm gently before speaking again. “What do you call yourself?”

“Alice.” She stated. “And this is Klaus.”

“The Alice?!” She gasped, grinning, though Klaus noticed she never really stopped grinning…and he could get used to it.

“There’s been some debate about that.”

“I never get involved in politics.” She said, disappearing and appearing beside Klaus, wrapping her tail around his neck, and smiling nearly touching his nose with her nose. “You’d best be on your way.”

“What way? All I want to do is wake up from this dream.” She sighed.

“Fine, I’ll take you to the Hare and the Hatter, but that’s the end of it.” She then disappeared yet again, though Klaus felt panic set in when she didn’t reappear right away. They both looked around for a moment before seeing her at the end of the trail. “Coming?”