Jail

I woke up the next morning to the sun shining in my face and I rolled over to see the hatter.  "Glad to see youre alive after all.  Chess was quite concerned."

"Where is she?!"  I worried, sitting up quickly.

"Trying to find us a way out before were beheaded odds are

"Trying to find us a way out before were beheaded odds are."  He shrugged as if it was nothing.  Not a moment later red knights showed up at the cell and came in,  cuffing us.

"Whats happening? Where are we?" I whispered and he laughed.

"In the red queens castle in Salazan Grum.  Were conspirators of the white queen, meaning we will be beheaded.  Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, wishing I could feel my mate beside me right now.  I was cold and lonely without her near, however her being away may be better while in this castle. 

"Bring Them!" Was heard through the giant door in front of us and we were escorted in to see a women in a throne with the son of a bitch that hit me, and Alice...a very large Alice.  "We know Alice has returned to Underland.  Do you know were she is?"  I was kicked in the back of the knees to kneel beside the hatter and I gave in quickly, realizing if I tried anything Alice and the hatter might get hurt...so this is what its like to have friends...i dont like it.

"Ive been considering things that begin with the letter 'M'.  Moron.  Mutiny..."

"Murder." I snarled, making the queen flinch slightly as my eyes turned yellow.

"Malice."

"Were looking for an 'A' word now, where is Alice?"

"That wee boy?"  He questioned.

"We wouldnt know." I finished.

"What if I take off your heads, will you know then?"  I giggled...yes, giggled along with the hatter after having learned a lesson around here.  When in doubt, act certifiably insane.  "Stop that."  The hatter quickly tried to change the topic, talking about making a hat for the red queen and in the end I was taken back to my cell alone.  I sat there all day and night, quickly realizing I couldnt break the cell doors, they looked so fragile yet they were resistant to even my strength.  I thought of my family, of my brothers and sister, I knew I needed to go back home, if not just to set them free, maybe Cheshire will even come with me.  I knew I would do whatever I had to to make her happy.

"Get up prisoner.  Now!" A guard shouted making me growl at him while he shackled me and started leading me out and into a court yard with the hatter and Mallymkin. 

"Were right behind you." The dormouse spoke to him as the executioner lofted the axe and the queen gave the 'okay'.  I didnt want to look as a man I considered my friend  was about to die yet I couldnt look away.  The axe came down and I felt almost sick until...he was gone...the hat flew up into the air and the last thing I ever expected to happen did.

"Good morning everyone!" Cheshire bellowed happily.

"Chess, you dog."  I grinned, seeing her wink at me.  She disappeared again as the hatter grabbed a pole and swung from the queens seating down to us. 

"The abused and enslaved in the red queens court! All of you, stand up and fight, rise up against the bloody red queen."

"Downal wyth bluddy behg hid!" Everyone cheered and we watched as her face as it turned bright red.  Many things happened at once the next moment.  Stayne got up stairs to the queen, trying to figure out where the hatter went and everyone began scattering as the queen screamed 'release the Jubjub bird'.

"Lets go!" The hatter screamed and I paused.

"Go! I need to do something!"

"Where could you possibly be going?!" He exclaimed as I took off back to the prison and grabbed the key, opening the cell for the dogs that were across from me all night.  I cant believe Im saying it but I actually enjoyed talking with them.

"Come on Bielle, lets go!"  She ran out after me with her pups and we took off right out the front door.  Turns out those giant card are really easy to get rid of, they line up for you and everything.  We caught up to everyone a little while later and ran until we were in sight of the white queens castle.  Bielle and the pups took off toward Bayard and it was a very sweet reunion.  I caught up to the hatter and Alice a moment later.

"Hello love."

"Klaus!" She grinned, hugging me tightly making me laugh.  The Hatters hat floated down at that moment and Cheshire appeared.  "Cheshire!"

"Hows the arm love?"

"All healed."  Chess smiled before looking at Alices arms.

"Good.  Now release." Alice laughed, letting go and allowing Chess to hop into my arms.  "Goodbye sweet hat." She whispered, giving it back to the Hatter before we were brought inside and given something to eat. 

Cheshire and I spent the evening talking, just talking.  About her family and living in Underland all her life.  About my family, all my 1000 years on this earth.  Its funny, I told her the truth...the whole truth and she was okay with everything.  "Everyone has demons Niklaus, yours are just a little more persistant."  She purred making me smile.  She had a lovely outlook on everything...until I asked her to come home with me.  "Ive never been anywhere but here Niklaus, let me think about it?  Being with you, being immortal, living in another world is a lit to swallow." I nodded kissing her head comfortingly and laying back on the bed in the room we had been given.

"Take your time kitten, but i'll let you in on a little secret.  Theres a whole world out there, waiting for you.  Great cities.  And art.  And music...genuine beauty.  And you can have all of it.  I will give it to you, everything you want, 1000 more birthdays,  all you have to do is ask."  I slept contently that night snuggled up to my little mate, purring into my neck as she drifted off as well.