Friendship or Love

No, no no no no no no! This can't be happening! I can't be too late! Tatia? He can't be with Tatia! Not now! Not when I was going to tell him EVERYTHING! Caroline thought to herself in anger and disappointment.
Caroline didn't know how to control her feelings at this point. She just found out that her best friend - who she loves more than a best friend and was just about to tell him that - has been dating Tatia for two months and it's serious. Tatia who she hates with a passion. Who thinks of no-one but herself. The girl who she had her very first fight with. The girl who Nik and her bitched about throughout high school. It makes no sense! Her?! Why her? Caroline didn't mind being rejected - in a not so rejected way by the man she loves - as she still has his friendship, but she can not understand how he could get serious with her.
Shocked. That's all you could read from her face.
What do I do now? How should I act? She thought.
So she did the only thing she knew how to do if he had said it about any other girl. She smiled and hugged her best friend of 20 years, and told him how happy she was for him getting serious for the first time, and to tell her all about how it happened, when it started, and the all the normal questions a girl best friend would ask.
Once he left about an hour and a half later, she decided she needed to move on, as she has never seen Nik so happy. And that's all she ever wanted for him. Eventhough she always thought she could be the one to make it happen.