Chapter Two

"Are you ready? 'Cause we can always postpone if you're not ready for this." Klaus asks, while internally freaking out.

Tatia laughs, "Oh I'm ready for this, are you ready for this?" She teases.

"I'm ready for this sweetheart" He replies, inhaling deeply, "C'mon, let go." He gets out of the car, and goes round to her side to open the car door for her.

"Such the gentlemen" She says sweetly giving him a kiss.

In the Mikaelson mansion.

"I don't like this mother." Rebekah complains.

"If she makes your brother happy, then I recommend you to play nice" Ester replies in annoyance.

"But I don't want to 'play nice' with someone who is just -"

"Rebekah you stop that right now! If Niklaus is introducing his girlfriend to us then it must be serious. Now stop being so bitter and selfish and behave yourself!" Ester snapped, then going back to reading her book. Shocking both Stefan and Rebekah who gaped at her.

"Don't worry, she didn't mean it babe." Stefan whispered in her ear.

"Sometimes strumpet, I wonder how you ever got Stefan to propose." Kol said, scratching his forehead in fake wonder.

"Go away Kol." Bekah shouts, throwing a cushion at his head, which he dodged swiftly.

"You didn't answer my question, how did you do it?" Kol asked laughing, knowing he is getting a rise out of his sister.

"He understands me, you idiot. You might understand this kind of connection, if you ever take the time to get to know the girls you sleep with." Rebekah replies, disgusted by how he is with women, but she instantly relaxes when Stefan hugs her from behind.

"And where is the fun it that?" Kol exclaimed like it was the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard. Ester rolls her eyes at her children, clearly not impressed with how Kol treats his .. 'lady friends.'

"Would you two shut up! Klaus and Tatia are outside in the car. Now grow up!" Elijah interrupted calmly but annoyance laced in his voice.

"Why are they still sitting in the car? They should be in here talking to my fine self." He says smugly, and gets smacked in the side of the head by an un-amused Elijah. "Oww" He rubs he head with a pout, "Where Caroline anyway? She should have been here ages ago."

"She said she was on her way here, but that was at least half an hour ago, oh well, she should be here soon. As for Klaus and Tatia, they're obviously talking about something, but Klaus is probably warning her of you." Elijah teased. "And Kol, don't flirt with the poor girl." Causing everyone - even Ester - to laugh, while Kol looked at him.

"You wound me brother." Kol said mockingly putting his hand over his heart.

Finn and Sage walked into the living room with their two 4-year-old twin boys, giving Ester a hug, then sitting down on the sofa opposite to the one Rebekah and Stefan were on.

They all stopped teasing one another, when they heard the front door open and close. They could faintly hear a hushed couple of words, between Klaus and Tatia before they appeared through the living room door.

Silence... Awkward silence ...

Everyone just looked at the couple, waiting for the next move or word. It was highly uncomfortable for everybody. Finally Klaus cleared his throat, and introduced Tatia to his family. He waved his hand at them as he spoke their names, and she politely greeted them and vice versa. Ester smiled at Tatia, thinking that her son should come to his senses soon with his love life as she secretly hopes he soon realizes that Caroline is in love with him, before it's too late. She looks fake anyway, not looks wise, but personality wise.