Chapter Thirteen

It has almost been a month since Caroline's accident and she is finally out of her cast and wheelchair.

She loves it.

She feels like climbing a mountain or running a marathon.

Unfortunately, Caroline isn't allowed to put too much pressure on her newly healed legs, but still, she's enjoying small walks round the garden as the cool breeze flows through her hair.

 -------------

Klaus and Caroline were wrapped up in each others embrace as the sun was going down, in the middle of the garden, when Katherine came out and asked if they could eat out.

It took Caroline twenty-five minutes to convince Klaus to let them go out and to come with them. It was only going to be Caroline, Katherine and Klaus as Elijah and Elena were on a date - Getting to know one another again after they had an argument two weeks before about secrets and trust. Stefan and Rebekah were sorting out some wedding preparations. Kol and Bonnie were having dinner at Bonnie's Grams. Henrik was at the movies with April and Ester was having a not-so-date date with Alaric. Finn, Sage, Morgan and Jake left last night on a trip to Florida and Damon was at home looking after a sick Rose.

Once in the car Caroline and Katherine starting singing and laughing along to Jason Derulo's 'Trumpets' as Klaus had a small smile on his face, loving Caroline's smile and laughter.

 -----------

After arriving to the Mystic Grill and ordering a pizza to share, someone caught Katherine's eye.

"Hey love-birds, who's that?" She asked, interrupting Caroline's and Klaus' flirtatious conversation.

Following the brunettes eye-line, Klaus chuckled while Caroline replied with a smirk.

"That's Matt Donovan, he moved here three years ago with his older sister Vicky. I've only spoke to him a hand full of times but he's really nice. He keeps himself to himself though."

"Hmm, why don't you two eat the pizza, I feel like eating someone else." Katherine commented, her eyes sparkling with mischief. She got up and made her way over to Matt.

"This should be interesting." Klaus smirked with Caroline nodding her head in agreement.

Tucking into the pizza that was just placed on their table, they watched in amusement as Katherine tried to seduce Matt.

"Well, hello there." She started with a not so innocent smile.

"Hey" He smiled.

"And who might you be?"

"Matt, and you?"

"I'm Katherine. Now, what time do you get off?" She gently slid her palm over his chest.

Matt let out a nervous chuckle. "You, Katherine are a very attractive women... but... I'm not interested."

"You're gay?" She assumed.

"Nope."

"Girlfriend?"

"Nope"

"Then how are you not interested?" She was shocked, no-one ever turned her down. Ever.

"I'm sorry but I don't jump into bed with girls I don't know. Anyway, if something were to happen between us, I would want a relationship, not just sex, but you, you just want sex." With a small smile, he left her at the bar to attend to someone else.

Letting out a huff of shock and annoyance, Katherine returned back to the table where Klaus and Caroline were laughing uncontrollably.

"Yeah, laugh it up guys." She rolled her eyes at them when they started to laugh harder.

 ---------------

It's round 10 o'clock and Klaus and Caroline are lying in bed watching Annie while Klaus was tenderly running the tips of his fingers over Caroline's back as she was humming softly to the music.

"I love you Caroline." Klaus suddenly whispers.

"I love you too Nik." She whispers back.

Both moving their faces closer, their lips met in a sweet embrace, lips moving slowly in sync was filled with so much love that it made Caroline gasp. Taking advantage of her now open mouth, Klaus' tongue slipped between her lips, meeting with her own tongue and started fighting a battle that neither could win.

After many moans and delicate touches, they finally pulled apart. Both panting breathlessly.

"I want to take you out somewhere tomorrow." Klaus said gently, looking straight into her beautiful blue-green eyes.

"Where do you have in mind?" She asked, unconsciously playing with his necklaces.

"Now that's a surprise sweetheart." He replied mysteriously.

"Um.. Can I ask you something?" She asked suddenly looking really nervous.

Raising a curious eyebrow, he gestured with his hand for her to continue.

"Um... Do you... Could you..." Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and rushed out. "Can we reenact the scene in titanic where you paint me naked?"